Question on Punch Medalla de Oro UK RE 2011

Haven't had one either but I too am interested in people's thoughts. I would also be interested in a comparison between this stick and the current LE as far as which one is smoking better now and which one has more legs for aging?

See I think all cigars have ageing potential biggrin.png they are very mellow and mild, but bland. I don't think they will do much with age to be honest but who knows. For the price I'd look at other proven punch cigars. Or maybe pick up a single or two and try. For the price of EMS BHK 54 you could pick up a lot more of a lot better cigars imo

I've got a couple of boxes, think they are absolutely fantastic. I've had one that had a very restricted draw (which I wouldn't have expected at the price point) but otherwise couldn't recommend them more.

I have had 5 in the last 7 months, I didnt care for them, had a metallic taste if my memory serves me correctly and not enjoyable on all 7, the 7 were from 3 different boxes....that being said, I will revisit in a year but not box worthy for me personally right now......and I am a Punch fan

Bart

I enjoyed the one I've had, and I'm looking to get a box this year.

I found it young, but definitely approachable. That said, I still think they have years to go before they are in their prime.

I do want to try a Punch Super Robusto RE AP to compare, but I think I missed the boat on those.

Big, empty and airy - no flavor at all IMHO

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input. As always a pleasure to take part of the collective experience of the FOH community. My conclusion is to at least try a box out to see for myself. At USD 220 for a box it is worth a shot IMHO.

• 10 months later...

Lanty:

Had a discussion on this a while back. You see these and the Series D'Oro everywhere. Yet you can hardly find the Bolivar Britannicas, JL Maximos, or Por Larranga Magnificos/ RdL. This is for a reason.

I will say that along with the Bolivar Gold Medals, the two cigars you mentioned make good Christmas decorations :)

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

• Like 1

Lanty:

Had a discussion on this a while back. You see these and the Series D'Oro everywhere. Yet you can hardly find the Bolivar Britannicas, JL Maximos, or Por Larranga Magnificos/ RdL. This is for a reason.

I will say that along with the Bolivar Gold Medals, the two cigars you mentioned make good Christmas decorations :)

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

Excellent points on both. I recently saw a couple reviews on instagram saying the medalla de oro turned a corner and are smoking real good. I just wanted to see if that was the consensus. Have you had the Maximos? I recently had some young jl2 and they have become hands down my favorite robusto.

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

Have you had the Maximos? I recently had some young jl2 and they have become hands down my favorite robusto.

My apologies. I meant the JL Seleccion Suprema. The one with its own dedicated band. Those were bloody good cigars. Wish I could find a box of those now...

The Maximos was one of those I tossed out right after the final third. Soapy with hints of ammonia. Kinda floral and tasted of mould? Not what I was looking for in a cigar...