Interesting video on Cuban Cigars

It was filmed in 1995 by a good friend of mine, Yves BELAUBRE son of Gilbert Belaubre , Creator of the

the brand Ouai d'Orsay Havanas, The film was used as a promotional film by the French importer of Havana

, COPROVA, in the 90's till a few years ago. Yves created a magazine, a few years back on cigars & Foods ,(And a nice magazine at that ), Only to be stoped in court by the D.N.A. organaition. The D.N.A. Is the French Defence for non-smokers . Who's President used to be a heavy smoker and has stoped smoking since,and started to bother everybody else for everything that God put on this earth.

Guy

It was filmed in 1995 by a good friend of mine, Yves BELAUBRE son of Gilbert Belaubre , Creator of the

the brand Ouai d'Orsay Havanas, The film was used as a promotional film by the French importer of Havana

, COPROVA, in the 90's till a few years ago. Yves created a magazine, a few years back on cigars & Foods ,(And a nice magazine at that ), Only to be stoped in court by the D.N.A. organaition. The D.N.A. Is the French Defence for non-smokers . Who's President used to be a heavy smoker and has stoped smoking since,and started to bother everybody else for everything that God put on this earth.

Guy

Thank You for that added information Guy!

Thanks for sharing.. Really enjoyed watching that.

It's amazing how much work goes into these cigars, makes you appreciate them a lot more.. and maybe think twice before moaning about the price next time! LOL

It was also very Interesting to see the part at the end were he is going through the different vitolas and how things have changed since then in regards to size etc.. I wish we saw more Corona's today.

And that walk in humidor at the end!!!!!! surprised.gif

By the way, was very interested to hear the gentleman describe the blend for each third of the cigar (at approx 51 minutes):

'In the jargon of the cigar world, this is described as: the hay; the divine; and the manure'.

Anyone heard this before? :)

'In the jargon of the cigar world, this is described as: the hay; the divine; and the manure'.

Anyone heard this before?

Yes, It Is well known In the cigar world ,but in French It Is said,"Le foin; Le divin et le purin" and then,I say ",Plus

rien' nyah.giflmao.gif

I enjoyed watching that video a lot, thanks for sharing. Funny that it was made in the 80's. Cuba being Cuba... one can not tell if it was made in the 80's, 90's, or even just last year based on fashion styles or automobiles, etc....