How Long Do You Dry Box Your Cigars?

Never. It's so humid and muggy in Maine most of the time (except winter) if I had a box without beads in it and I put my cigars in there they would actually gain moisture. I have to keep them in my humi to keep them dry!

For example, tonight. Nice fall day, cool, 10pm, chilly - about 55 degrees F...95%humidity. My cigars would be awful in an unattended box.

My experience was that the difference was negligible with the two H Upmann RRs I smoked. However, both cigars construction was excellent. I am curious if dry boxing would have made a more noticeable difference if construction was more of an issue. I am going to try it again with 2 Partagas No. 1s from a box I have from 2002. I have smoked a few from this box & they have been a more difficult draw.

Rob's original post on Oct. 22nd -

I have done this many times with good results for cigars a "tad" too tight. By the way I am a "Pitcher" not a worker....I don't tolerate tight or plugged cigars.

Cut a Partagas Serie D 5 and while not plugged it was "annoyingly" tight. Placed it in the fridge on the Czar Deck for 90 minutes while I thoroughly enjoyed a RA Celestiales Finos (how good are these currently!).

Anyway...back 90 minutes later and the D5 is perfect. Smoking great.

If you haven't done it before, try it. wink.png

90 minutes, right, thanks Smoke. I remember him saying in another post about how he cuts the cap off before it goes in the fridge. Aside from fixing plugged cigars, it can be used as a time machine dry box on ordinary everyday cigars. I'm going to have to experiment with this over the weekend.

x2

I'm not against dry boxing, I just never plan what or when I'm going to smoke

X3- never know what I am going to be in the mood for. I tried it before, would take a few cigars out and dry box, then would not be in the mood for any and would reach into the humidor.

90 minutes, right, thanks Smoke. I remember him saying in another post about how he cuts the cap off before it goes in the fridge. Aside from fixing plugged cigars, it can be used as a time machine dry box on ordinary everyday cigars. I'm going to have to experiment with this over the weekend.

3-5 min in the freezer has the same affect for me too, gives you enough time to get a drink ready :D

for me a day usually works a treat my Humidor/fridge runs at 65% to 68-70% and sometimes depending on time of the year they still smoke a bit wet so hence the dry boxing ,i use an old monte Edmundo box works a treat usually between 1 to 2 days

cheers

I only do This if they're real tight and sometimes it works other times the cigar ends up being more plugged than rolled a little tight and dry boxing for even 2 days doesns't do much. I've had luck though with the slightly tight rolled bpc's before and 2 days later much better.