My Cat Teaches Me to Smoke a Cigar

Yes, bizarre as it sounds, Zelda led me to a discovery. This is a cat's cat. She will not sit in my lap unless I am smoking a nice Cuban. Then she wants total attention. Yesterday she jumped into my lap after I fired up a Juan Lopez #2 and demanded I scratch her chin, rub her ears and scalp and massage her back. I had to use both hands. I usually hold my cigar while puffing but now I needed both hands free. I held the cigar in my lips, huffing and exhaling around it. I then realized that there was a new depth to the flavors coming off the stick. Eureka!

Anyone else have this experience, with or without a cat, dog, gerbil or Scarlett Johansson in your lap?post-9032-0-62907000-1379038659_thumb.jp

No American political discussion please. innocent.gif

But who else but Mr. Clinton could provide advice on the effects of wet boxing instead of dry boxing your cigar!

yes.gif

I've got two cats....Leo and Charlie..... Leo hates smoke and avoids me whenim smoking.... However Charlie loves it and won't leave me alone - follows me like a blow fly on ****!

I've got two cats....Leo and Charlie..... Leo hates smoke and avoids me when I'm smoking.... However Charlie loves it and won't leave me alone - follows me like a blow fly on ****!

While I appreciate the comparisons to the famed former President and I admit that I share at least three things with him (hair color, love of cigars and the occasional lust for Hillary), I am still wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether smoking no-handed increases the amount of flavor derived from the cigar. That is to say, hold the cigar in your mouth, draw in and then exhale around the stick. No hands (yours or someone else's) or feet.

But who else but Mr. Clinton could provide advice on the effects of wet boxing instead of dry boxing your cigar!

yes.gif

Now that's just wrong rotfl.gif

I am still wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether smoking no-handed increases the amount of flavor derived from the cigar. That is to say, hold the cigar in your mouth, draw in and then exhale around the stick. No hands (yours or someone else's) or feet.

Yes, definitely! It's all about the olfactory part of the experience of smoking a cigar. The rapid extinction of smoking indoors (my preferred option) is helping to marginalise this.

Going no handed is no good for me. Maybe I just haven't mastered the act. But when I attempt it, I get smoke in the eyes which I'm quite sensitive to. I guess I haven't mastered the technique quite yet. Will keep trying!