Upmann Mag 50s

I recently purchased a box of Mag 50s (box code EMA MAY 08), I'm close too half of the way through and have found so many to have construction issues (most have an incredibly tight draw , if not plugged, as well as split wrappers etc). For those who smoke them a lot/have more experience than me LOL just wondering if you think it's a bad box? Is it worth giving another box a whirl, and if so would current production need to sleep for a while? Thank you all for your help!

Thanks guys, must just be a bad box, it's such a shame because I like the size so much, but am definitely erring on the side of caution about buying another one considering how poor these are!

In other news I have an 08 box of Mag 46s waiting in the coolidor that I can't wait to try!! I hope they are as good as everyone says! ;)

I recently purchased a box of Mag 50s (box code EMA MAY 08), I'm close too half of the way through and have found so many to have construction issues (most have an incredibly tight draw , if not plugged, as well as split wrappers etc). For those who smoke them a lot/have more experience than me LOL just wondering if you think it's a bad box? Is it worth giving another box a whirl, and if so would current production need to sleep for a while? Thank you all for your help!

Current crop is not top draw but we have seen some stunning examples (both construction and flavour) over the past 12 months. Like fruit and veg, buy when in season ie....great.

I liked these when they were first regularly released.

Then I acquired a cab of '08s. Didnt touch them until earlier this year. They were horrid. lol3.gif Very few passed muster. Construction was fine but the taste not so much.

Havent acquired any more since then. lol3.gif

Hmmm. Some mixed reviews, but the couple I've smoked from an Oct 12 box have made me very happy I took that particular plunge. Very flavorful and good construction, so far.

Hey Pres,

My experience with H.upp has been that the

Flavor profile is very similar from one size to the

Next... However.. I've had a few mag46 from

2005 that taste nothing like mag 50 from 2009.

Both delicious, but not the same. Opinion?

The Magnum 46 is the exception in the Upmann line. It's more punchy and less rounded.

Could it be possible that your humi is slightly off? I have never had a plugged Mag 50 and cracked wrappers is often a storage problem and not a construction problem.

It could be, but I don't think it's my humi because this was how they came straight out of the box(just got them with 5 years of age prior), all of them are so firm to the touch, just way too overfilled IMHO, but then again I'm only half way through the box, fingers crossed the other half have some redeeming qualities... :s

Also on a side note, are cracked wrappers caused by too much humidity, too little, or just extreme fluctuations?

Also on a side note, are cracked wrappers caused by too much humidity, too little, or just extreme fluctuations?

Usually when dry-ish cigars are exposed to a rapid increase in humidity.