Cohiba Stevie

Just got back from the cinema...

I must say I was very impressed, I think Snyder done a fantastic job not to mention the stewardship and guidance he had from Nolan.

Henry Cavill does a superb job playing the role, as does Michael Shannon play playing general zod.

The fight scenes are truly epic, it's the first film I've seen that truly depicts super human or god like powers in a way that we can perceive as real or remotely believable. Supporting actors also provide a sterling job, most importantly those of Costner, fishburne and especially Crowe.

My only criticisms would be of Amy Adams potrayal of Lois Lane and Clark Kent's character development. I think Adams has been recruited on this film given her recent successes with other movies but it doesn't translate to man of steel. Also the whole development of Clark Kent from small boy to fully fledged superman is quite quick, there is not a lot of self discovery and the film leaves the audience coming to a lot of conclusions themselves.

All in all though a sterling film, me and my girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed it and would reccomend it without a problem.

Stevie.

Thanks for the quick overview of this highly anticipated movie, Stevie! Will be checking it out! peace.gif

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the movie as well as several of the actors involved

Thanks for the review Stevie a must see on my list a game changer for Superman me thinks

Just got back from the cinema...

I must say I was very impressed, I think Snyder done a fantastic job not to mention the stewardship and guidance he had from Nolan.

Henry Cavill does a superb job playing the role, as does Michael Shannon play playing general zod.

The fight scenes are truly epic, it's the first film I've seen that truly depicts super human or god like powers in a way that we can perceive as real or remotely believable. Supporting actors also provide a sterling job, most importantly those of Costner, fishburne and especially Crowe.

My only criticisms would be of Amy Adams potrayal of Lois Lane and Clark Kent's character development. I think Adams has been recruited on this film given her recent successes with other movies but it doesn't translate to man of steel. Also the whole development of Clark Kent from small boy to fully fledged superman is quite quick, there is not a lot of self discovery and the film leaves the audience coming to a lot of conclusions themselves.

All in all though a sterling film, me and my girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed it and would reccomend it without a problem.

Stevie.

I agree with most of your points Stevie! Overall a fantastic film, would highly recommend to just about anyone.

I watched it in Imax 3D, didn't think the 3D was that great. And like you mentioned, the majority of Clarks development moved too quickly. I'll go as far to say that this could have been two separate films if done properly.

Saw it this afternoon. Brilliant! Finally a Superman movie that isn't "wimpy". The action sequences are insane. The Krypton back story that was created really worked well. There wasn't a lot of time spent on the Kent's finding Clark, raising him, etc. A series of flashbacks filled in the backstory nicely. Cavill is seriously buff without the suit. I wonder if he can keep the physique come sequel time. :) In all, an excellently crafted and executed film. Definitely worth the wait. There's a few Easter eggs during the film to keep an eye for as well as a nod to Superman II.

There's a few Easter eggs during the film to keep an eye for as well as a nod to Superman II.

Unless there's a scene where Supes rips his S symbol off and throws it at another dude to stop him.... it just ain't gonna be any good... lookaround.gifrotfl.gif

Seen it twice already. I thought it was amazingly fantastic, almost tipping the awesome scale so far it's emotional.

DO - go see it in IMAX

DON'T - go see it in 3D.

Alright....

lookaround.gif

So I....

:hole:

....I cheated on my wife and went to see it last night. blush.png

But I gotta say....FREAKIN' AWESOME! Very well done. I agree with a lot of the points already put here, especially about Amy Adams. And the other character development on the rest of the Daily Planet staff was DEFINITELY lacking, but they did set that up for the next one. And while I don't think it was the best movie (superhero or not) out there in a revamp recently - that honour goes to The Dark Knight, IMO - this was definitely an across the board success of a movie relaunch.

Very well done.

Now....I just have to hide my surprise and amazement when I go see it with my wife in a few weeks. biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read if you haven't seen Man of Steel.

Saw it and loved it but I do have a question. My wife got into a debate in this one. The last scene where Clark Kent has his first day at the Daily Planet and Lois looks up from her desk... My wife says she recognizes him as Superman. I say no way that would run the sequel and doesn't gel well wight the Superman story line. Who is right?

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read if you haven't seen Man of Steel.

Saw it and loved it but I do have a question. My wife got into a debate in this one. The last scene where Clark Kent has his first day at the Daily Planet and Lois looks up from her desk... My wife says she recognizes him as Superman. I say no way that would run the sequel and doesn't gel well wight the Superman story line. Who is right?

SPOILER ANSWER:

I think she does recognize him as Superman and knows enough to keep her mouth shut. The new Lois Lane is far more mature and methodical than the previous takes. I talked this over with a few buddies. As this new reboot tends to live more in the real world vs comic world. It doesn't make sense that a whole building full of news people don't make the connection between Clark's and Superman's looks early on.

SPOILER ANSWER:

I think she does recognize him as Superman and knows enough to keep her mouth shut. The new Lois Lane is far more mature and methodical than the previous takes. I talked this over with a few buddies. As this new reboot tends to live more in the real world vs comic world. It doesn't make sense that a whole building full of news people don't make the connection between Clark's and Superman's looks early on.

You're killing me Bund. I hate losing a bet to my wife. She never let's me forget about it!

Yes, went and seen Superman with my son last week, absolutely BRILLIANT and am planning on heading back to watch it again as there is just so much happening, surely something was missed. :)

Perfect casting, perfect fight scenes and am pleased they didn't drag the whole 'Growing up' scenes and rather added snippets of his past childhood throughout the movie. The only shame was not seeing much of Kevin Costner but hey, I was there to watch Superman rip ZOD a new one! ;)

I hear Russel Crowe is calling on Legendary Pictures for a "Prequel" to be made about Krypton. Weather they consider this is another thing. I must say however, I actually liked Russel Crowe as Jor-El