Bought two boxes of cigars from this guy in Vegas

galtline

I'm pretty sure your right.

^X2 = Why drop coin like that without vetting the source/seller/quality first???

• Like 1

I was in vegas and this guy offered me a cigar . I bought a few from him and I was blown away by the taste. Granted the ones he gave me were probably real as they tasted completely different from the boxes I bought from him. I guess it was the old bait and switch.

Are we allowed to share suppliers on this forum ?

I got one of those monte 2's as a gift but had never heard of 70th anniversary monte 2's and couldn't find anything online about them....

You paid decent coin for em so you might aswell smoke em.....Maybe give some to mates when they have had a skin full

No, NEVER EVER smoke counterfeit cigars. You have absolutely no idea what is in them. Foam, drywall, rat droppings scooped from the floor (not a joke); do not ever take anyone's advice telling you to smoke fake cigars. It is very dangerous. Get rid of them immediately before it plants roots in your house and grows fangs.

Remember that post wit a fake cigar opened. Found some paint chips, wood, laces... You in fact have to be careful with fakes.

I was in vegas and this guy offered me a cigar . I bought a few from him and I was blown away by the taste. Granted the ones he gave me were probably real as they tasted completely different from the boxes I bought from him. I guess it was the old bait and switch.

The Montecristo's just don't exist, so you could not have been given a real cigar; and with the cost of the Cohiba GR I doubt he would be giving these away free.

It honestly gets to the point that its not even worth going through all of this to smoke a cigar. Honestly if you have to check serials to verify a cuban and not by taste are they really that good ?

You really only need to trust your source.

• Like 1

You really only need to trust your source.

I hear you. I just found a great source in Canada Duty Free. The guy is great and set me up with some great cigars to try. It will be great to finally smoke a great cuban cigar again.

The Montecristo's just don't exist, so you could not have been given a real cigar; and with the cost of the Cohiba GR I doubt he would be giving these away free.

exactly... to finish my thought from my earlier post, I wasn't able to find ANY information on these odd looking 70th Anniversary Monte 2's until I google searched, "Monte 2 70th Anniversary FAKE"... then I found information on them....

It honestly gets to the point that its not even worth going through all of this to smoke a cigar. Honestly if you have to check serials to verify a cuban and not by taste are they really that good ?

That depends... if you are satisfied with good quality NC cigars you can get locally then by all means, do so.... but if you smoke good quality CC's from vendors you trust (Czar's stock is pretty choice) then it can be a very satisfying hobby....

That depends... if you are satisfied with good quality NC cigars you can get locally then by all means, do so.... but if you smoke good quality CC's from vendors you trust (Czar's stock is pretty choice) then it can be a very satisfying hobby....

I just ordered 500 bucks of samples. This time I am going to sample and then buy boxes of what I like.

This is what I ordered

Cohiba - Siglo IV Tubos - 3 Pack Sleeve

Partagas - Serie D No.4 Tubos - 3 Pack Sleeve

Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchills Tubos - 3 Pack Sleeve

Trinidad - Coloniales- 3 Cigars

Corona Gorda - 4 Pack Sampler

Torpedo - 4 Pack Sampler

Cohiba - Esplendidos - 3

H. Upmann - Magnum 50 - 3 Pack Sleeve

Partagas - Presidentes - 3 Cigar

Romeo Y Julieta - Exhibicion No. 4 – 3 Cigars

In addition getting 5 or so more cigars. total of 39 or so cigars for around 500

• Like 2

The title of this thread reminds me of someone shouting "Hey, watch this, no hands!" after a few beers. You just know it's not going to end well. :-)

I have to admit when I purchased them I wasn't much of a cigar smoker but I figured these cubans wouldn't have it in them to pull off a full copy of bands, boxes, seals and inserts. Man was I wrong. The guys name was victor castro. I should have known right from the name. HA HA

I hear you. I just found a great source in Canada Duty Free. The guy is great and set me up with some great cigars to try. It will be great to finally smoke a great cuban cigar again.

Good luck - I recently did a test run with the vendor I believe you are referring to and received some real crap. Rob and company are a million times better in my opinion.

Good luck - I recently did a test run with the vendor I believe you are referring to and received some real crap. Rob and company are a million times better in my opinion.

It's feedback like this that makes the forum clutch!