Bought two boxes of cigars from this guy in Vegas

galtline

I guess there is the havana house that imports all cubans into Canada. From there they are sold via suppliers. The havana house is a legit dealer and I was referred through the importer.

Right and just to clarify, I was not trying to imply that they are selling suspect cigars - just that the quality was not very good in my opinion and Czars is far, far better based on experiences thus far.

Right and just to clarify, I was not trying to imply that they are selling suspect cigars - just that the quality was not very good in my opinion and Czars is far, far better based on experiences thus far.

I will have to give them a try. I was just concerned with Taxes.

previous 5 posts are better left off forum

I apologize as I was not intending to create any issues with those posts and realize that I should have just left well enough alone and not posted on the forum. If any of the moderators would prefer that I edit those or if they just want to delete all of them, that works for me. Again, sorry for creating issues with this as I really enjoy being a member of this forum and have learned a great deal since joining. Thanks.

Joe

To the OP, you can buy legit Cubans from anywhere in the world. Easy for even an untrained monkey to find. And the majority don't charge taxes because they export. The difference with FOH/*****INT, etc, is that they not only inspect but also grade to quality levels. To me, that is a service that I am willing to pay a premium for. I used to be a guy that shopped primarily on price, as long as the vendor was an authorized Habanos distributor. But once i understood that just because the cigar is authentic didn't mean the quality was good, the price/quality equation took on a totally different meaning to me.

If it's possible to make a long story short, I recommend buying from Rob because he provides a service that no one else does. An expert eye inspecting and recommending what I should purchase since i cant walk into his store. You won't be disappointed.

To the OP, you can buy legit Cubans from anywhere in the world. Easy for even an untrained monkey to find. And the majority don't charge taxes because they export. The difference with FOH/*****INT, etc, is that they not only inspect but also grade to quality levels. To me, that is a service that I am willing to pay a premium for. I used to be a guy that shopped primarily on price, as long as the vendor was an authorized Habanos distributor. But once i understood that just because the cigar is authentic didn't mean the quality was good, the price/quality equation took on a totally different meaning to me.

If it's possible to make a long story short, I recommend buying from Rob because he provides a service that no one else does. An expert eye inspecting and recommending what I should purchase since i cant walk into his store. You won't be disappointed.

This was much more eloquently stated than what I wrote on the previous page to the effect of "if you don't buy from Rob, prepare to possibly receive some real crap in terms of quality" - thanks. smile.png

I too was offered Cuban cigars on the strip of Las Vegas on my 21st birthday this year in February. the man claimed it was a Cohiba Esplendidos and when I told him it was my birthday and I wasn't really looking to buy any Habanos from a street merchant he gave it to me free and wished me happy birthday. After close examination of the Cigar it had the triple cap, and at size of the actually Cohiba Esplendidos. So I lit it up and tasted just like a....... Romeo Y Julieta Churhill. Don't know why he wouldn't have gotten a Counterfeit that could have been cheaper or maybe my source can be a bit pricy. but all I am saying is he may have gotten a genuine article to try but the seller could have stuck the Bands on another brand of lower priced cuban cigar that was similar Gauge to fit, and sell him crap in the boxes.

I too was offered Cuban cigars on the strip of Las Vegas on my 21st birthday this year in February. the man claimed it was a Cohiba Esplendidos and when I told him it was my birthday and I wasn't really looking to buy any Habanos from a street merchant he gave it to me free and wished me happy birthday. After close examination of the Cigar it had the triple cap, and at size of the actually Cohiba Esplendidos. So I lit it up and tasted just like a....... Romeo Y Julieta Churhill. Don't know why he wouldn't have gotten a Counterfeit that could have been cheaper or maybe my source can be a bit pricy. but all I am saying is he may have gotten a genuine article to try but the seller could have stuck the Bands on another brand of lower priced cuban cigar that was similar Gauge to fit, and sell him crap in the boxes.

This guy sold me 5 real cuban cigars. Then when I went in for the big purchase he sent me crap. These cigars have no taste. A swisher Sweet might be a better cigar than these duds.

This guy sold me 5 real cuban cigars. Then when I went in for the big purchase he sent me crap. These cigars have no taste. A swisher Sweet might be a better cigar than these duds.

That really says something. after tasting fine cigars I have not touched a Swisher sweet in 3 years. I used them to introduce my taste to Tobacco. but to be honest that is what a lot of 'questionable' vendors do. give you one good purchase then the next purchase you have a box of CC's you open and your heart just sank to the bottom of the sea. I tend to stick to what I know, and who I know source wise and if it looks to good to be true it is, but in your case you paid pretty coinage for those smokes. by the way as many people I see post in this forum. never smoke a counterfeit. I received a box of Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs that were inhumanly incinerated last summer. unwrapped them. no triple cap mold all over. behind what appeared to be a Tobacco Wrapper, and Tobacco binder was short filler tobacco (if it was even Tobacco, never smoked it), what could only be described as a rusted metal scraps, I work in a Metal Fabrication shop so I know what my metal shards look like, and what appeared to be hair of some kind (maybe that was for the animal flavor the website described. lol) but anyway no joking matter. fakes should not be taken lightly and can be very dangerous.

just my two cents.

Just an FYI, real authentic CC"s can be found and purchased n Vegas, and if you win/lose enough at the right tables, you can even get the cigars for "free".

If I was to throw out a guess, I would say the Wynn/Encore is a good place to start, and (ahem, cough cough) strangely the quality is eerily similar to Rob and Gangs stock. innocent.gif

If you play enough poker, they will show you their selection, if you ask, If you win or lose enough they will ask you.

Friend of mine bought some expensive cigars in Vegas he thought were real 2001 Cohiba EL. Sent one to me and a local friend of mine. As soon as I got it I asked him where he got it. Yep, some crummy shop in Vegas that did a bait and switch on him. Here are some real CCs. Buy a box if you like it. I wish these places would get shot for what they do. Ruins a good hobby for so many people who could have been botl.

Is this Train Wreck of a thread for real or is someone pulling our legs???

Bill, the acceptance of this thread, and a number of new user initiated threads (especially when taken in aggregate) show that things here have changed..........

Bill, the acceptance of this, and a number of new user initiated threads (especially when taken in aggregate) show that things here have changed..........

No kidding... add the daily "let's pick on Shlomo" thread and my desire to post here is greatly diminished.

Bill, the acceptance of this thread, and a number of new user initiated threads (especially when taken in aggregate) show that things here have changed..........

Our dear friend Chuck, long time moderator here, would roll over in his grave to see such a thread allowed on his beloved forum