Golfer with an attitude

No Golfer here, but this is my kind of guy ... because of his attitude to life :

"A nice glass of wine, a puff on a cigar and a few clubs.

It sounds like a decent night out -- except these clubs are golf clubs.

When Miguel Angel Jimenez became the oldest ever winner on the European Tour following his triumph at the Hong Kong Open in November, he celebrated in the only way he knew how -- with a big, fat cigar."

Must be my brother from another mother !

Had the pleasure to see him last year at the Festival in HAV - truly a great guy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/18/sport/golf/jimenez-living-golf/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Pictures are from the CNN portrait

post-4742-0-96139900-1366637664_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-78507800-1366637669_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-17540000-1366637673_thumb.jp

Yeah CA had a great interview with him. Class act, saw him in montreal a year or two ago as well. saw him on the practice tees warming up and having a cuban cigar.

Nino, great find and post. Interestingly enough, a few years back I read a magazine article featured on Miguel Angel Jimenez. After reading about him and his philosophy on life, I became very interested in cigars. Reading that article was my kick start into cigars so to speak.

Perfect, What on earth is he eating though? Looks like a platter of crumbed sardines and sun dried tomatoes... Can't say I'd match that with a wine and cigar!

I have an online golf magazine and get The Mechanic in it as often as I can. His carefree, relaxed approach to life (and golf) is so refreshing in a sport that takes itself far too seriously.

Would love a round with Miguel and Darren Clarke (although it'd be hard to see the green through all the smoke!)

• 2 months later...

What a class act. I love the fact that he honors golf in a way that has allowed him to go beyond golf and enjoy the finer things in life.

And the fact that he does not care what people think of his smoking or drinking is so refreshing in this mad pc world. His laid back approach to life is so Spainish/European which I greatly admire.

anyone else notice a problem with this?

the oldest ever winner on the European Tour following his triumph at the Hong Kong Open

Not really - the first leg of the US ladies tour was hosted at Royal Canberra (for the Australian Open) this year!