For the smoker that likes unique items

You may have seen another post on a hand engraved cutter. I'd like to add, for those with some disposable income and the need for a new ashtray, the following hand made, hunk-a-metal...

http://westcoastchoppers.com/store/handmade-parts/cigar-ashtray/

Personally, I like it but it's a bit much for something to dump ash in. And, what about that cigar?

Not to my taste personally.. I think your paying more for Jesse's name and ego than any "art" that may be present..

Id love to get one if i had the coin. It is an awesome hand forged product. i think the first ones he did looked better without the various logos on it.

This ashtray is the most ugly cigar related item I've ever seen… And I add that I spit on the face of the moron who thinks a Totenkopf and a Stahlhelm are decorative elements…

Some people should learn a bit of history… mad.gif

So now it's a Nazi thing? Godwinned already. Sure didn't take long. <sigh>

It's not a true Totenkopf in the Nazi sense. The SS used a very specific Totenkopf in their insignia. And a Stahlhelm is simply a steel helmet. No different than the US steel pot helmet or the British helmet. But beyond that, Jesse James is hardly the first biker to think a skull and/or a German style helmet were useful icons in the biker world.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

......but it's also next to an impression of the German Iron Cross. Coincidence, or just trying to be badass 'Nazi cool' ???

JJ's stuff usually features "iconic" biker symbols that usually have thier roots in 2nd world war/german history. Pretty much all American custom motorcycle manufactures (including Harley Davidson) have items featuring the Iron Cross. Its not a nod to the Nazis, more biker history.

JJ's stuff usually features "iconic" biker symbols that usually have thier roots in 2nd world war/german history. Pretty much all American custom motorcycle manufactures (including Harley Davidson) have items featuring the Iron Cross. Its not a nod to the Nazis, more biker history.

And the Iron Cross is hardly a Nazi symbol. Only someone who knows nothing about history would associate the Iron Cross with the Nazis. (Not saying you did at all... just sayin'.) The Teutonic order used that symbol back during the crusades. And the Prussians made it a military medal long before anyone had ever heard the word "Nazi."

Cheers,

Greg

And the Iron Cross is hardly a Nazi symbol. Only someone who knows nothing about history would associate the Iron Cross with the Nazis. (Not saying you did at all... just sayin'.) The Teutonic order used that symbol back during the crusades. And the Prussians made it a military medal long before anyone had ever heard the word "Nazi."

Cheers,

Greg

You're absolutely right of course Greg ( and please, dont view this as an attack by me on you. You're a BOTL, so obviously a cool guy peace.gif ). Anyone that has any knowledge of history knows that just like the swastika, the iron cross far pre-dates Hitler and the Nazis. However, anyone with this knowledge also has an understanding of how the Nazi's use of these symbols has forever stained them and made them easily associable with WWII and Nazi Germany. Is Jesse James a Nazi ? Heck, i dont know the guy, but I doubt it. Have West Coast Choppers and JJ courted controversy by using symbolism in their branding that is similar to images used by the Nazi's in WWII ? Anyone that knows anything about JJ and West Coast Choppers knows that the answer is - Definitely....just do a quick google search and you'll find evidence of that. I mean come on....images like the following are hardly coincidental. Lets not be ignorant fools.

WCCNaziEagle.jpg

You're absolutely right of course Greg ( and please, dont view this as an attack by me on you. You're a BOTL, so obviously a cool guy peace.gif ). Anyone that has any knowledge of history knows that just like the swastika, the iron cross far pre-dates Hitler and the Nazis. However, anyone with this knowledge also has an understanding of how the Nazi's use of these symbols has forever stained them and made them easily associable with WWII and Nazi Germany. Is Jesse James a Nazi ? Heck, i dont know the guy, but I doubt it. Have West Coast Choppers and JJ courted controversy by using symbolism in their branding that is similar to images used by the Nazi's in WWII ? Anyone that knows anything about JJ and West Coast Choppers knows that the answer is - Definitely....just do a quick google search and you'll find evidence of that. I mean come on....images like the following are hardly coincidental. Lets not be ignorant fools.

WCCNaziEagle.jpg

That's disgusting. Wow.

I have no dog in this fight as I care not for the biking culture, but reports of Jesse James being "off" in this regard is not news.

You can also find pictures of his GF posing in all the Nazi glory with the initials for "white power" tattooed on her legs.

Frank, where there is smoke...fuel.gif