For the smoker that likes unique items

You're absolutely right of course Greg ( and please, dont view this as an attack by me on you. You're a BOTL, so obviously a cool guy peace.gif ). Anyone that has any knowledge of history knows that just like the swastika, the iron cross far pre-dates Hitler and the Nazis. However, anyone with this knowledge also has an understanding of how the Nazi's use of these symbols has forever stained them and made them easily associable with WWII and Nazi Germany. Is Jesse James a Nazi ? Heck, i dont know the guy, but I doubt it. Have West Coast Choppers and JJ courted controversy by using symbolism in their branding that is similar to images used by the Nazi's in WWII ? Anyone that knows anything about JJ and West Coast Choppers knows that the answer is - Definitely....just do a quick google search and you'll find evidence of that. I mean come on....images like the following are hardly coincidental. Lets not be ignorant fools.

I can agree with that - I suppose we wouldn't even be discussing the matter if there wasn't some level of association, right? I do think, though, that sometimes people are too quick to automatically play the Nazi card, just because something reminds them of some image they saw in a documentary or whatever. Not saying you're doing that at all - and in this case (as it relates to Jesse James) it does seem like there may be good reason for this suspicion.

I just think it's unfortunate that so many people associate these things with Nazi Germany - with good reason, obviously, but it's still unfortunate. Considering the history, prevalenace, and meaning of the swastika in its various forms throughout human history over the last serveral thousand years, I wish more people would try to look beyond how the Nazis soiled those otherwise honorable icons. Here's a pretty good (though short) article that talks about this subject:

http://www.collector.../fa/fa086.shtml

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

swastika was originally a bhuddist sign and I think its terribly unfortunate its now considered a nazi symbol. As far as "Bikie culture" being associated with nazi or white supremacist culture i strongly disagree. However I don't approve of nazi culture, Wherever it manifests. Im no bikie, or nazi, But lets not get further confused here.

The swastika and iron cross, imperial eagle, straight arm roman salute etc and many other all existed before the nazi regime but they have been poisoned forever, to try to 'retake them' or use them in their original context just cannot ever be done imo. The people who do usually have ulterior motives...