4 years for 4 million

Was asked a hypothetical question today based on a real case. I'm interested to see what responses others have to the same question.

Would you do 4 years jail for 4 million dollars? (guaranteed you get to keep the money)

**edit. I'll make it easier. Lets say you will have your own cell, you will be minimum security in less than a year, your family visits on weekends, you're not getting raped and

. Would you do 4 years for 4 mil?

No.

edit: depends on many things now that I think more about it. Would the prison term stay on my record? What kind of prison? Why would I be in prison? Did I hurt somebody? etc...

Pretty much no, no matter how those are answered though..

OK based on the real case. No one is hurt, you were able to influence decisions that awarded a big company a certain contract, in return you were paid $4,000,000. Yes, you go to jail in a western country, other than that how jail will pan out for you remains an unknown. (in the real case the guy is probably pursued for the money, but we are ignoring that point)

I'd do the time if I could reduce the family visits to twice a year. My great fear in prison would be my family would know exactly where I was, therefore I don't have a good excuse for missing Sunday lunch, they would visit all the time. Its like a prison sentence within a prison sentence

I'd do the time if I could reduce the family visits to twice a year. My great fear in prison would be my family would know exactly where I was, therefore I don't have a good excuse for missing Sunday lunch, they would visit all the time. Its like a prison sentence within a prison sentence

smithy, after today's video with captain klutz, you'll wish you were in jail. even i felt sorry for you, knowing what awaits. at least we had a top cigar.

If Rob would advance me a credit line on the $4million and I could smoke CCs in prison then is consider it.

(Under Ireland's smoking ban, prisons and mental hospitals are exempt from the ban so perfectly legal for a prisoner to enjoy a smoke in his cell).

Probably not but it depends on what point of my life.As a young man just out of high school, yes I would give up 4 years to be set for life. At this point of my life with the impending wedding of number 1 daughter and the fact that my number 2 daughter is a teenager and needs her daddy,there is no way I would give up this time of my life.

Loved the answer if you reduce my family visits to twice a year.

My only worry is that Matthew might not wait for me until I get out. I am 99.1 % sure he would but I would not blame him if he didn't.

And that would not be worth any $ to me.

(Sorry to be mushy )

Was asked a hypothetical question today based on a real case. I'm interested to see what responses others have to the same question.

Would you do 4 years jail for 4 million dollars? (guaranteed you get to keep the money)

**edit. I'll make it easier. Lets say you will have your own cell, you will be minimum security in less than a year, your family visits on weekends, you're not getting raped and

So after taxes you get $2.5 Mil correct... Not a chance!

you're not getting raped and

So, if you're nobodys byatch, can you be somebodys Big Daddy?moon.gif

If Rob would advance me a credit line on the $4million and I could smoke CCs in prison then is consider it.

(Under Ireland's smoking ban, prisons and mental hospitals are exempt from the ban so perfectly legal for a prisoner to enjoy a smoke in his cell).

Oh, The irony....

Having fun with the question I would easily sign up to a 4 year deal. The benefits are far too great, free education, housing, food, interest on the money etc

But if you have gone to prison for the reason of having earnt the 4 million - proceeds of crime and its already gone to the government.

or

Get out to and start enjoying the money only for the red headed devils minions to take it off you with the unexplained wealth law.

I'd catch up on my reading., and i'd do it for the solitude and somebody else taking care of the laundry.

and the free gym membership.

$4mil is probably enough,

and a Kindle with sci-fi, fantasy and IT manuals, maybe a DAB radio (more channels).

i reckon i could give up the internet for that long.. i'm halfway thru reading it for a second time anyway.