King of Cubans

Trying to figure out which is the most classic, famous CC. Which is it? Monte 2, RyJ Churchill, Hoyo DC?

Not worried if it now suffers from over production and inconsistency. And not looking for personal favorites - just a fun thread.

So which do you think is the most classic, quintessential, undisputed (not likely...) King of Cuban Cigars?

Probably if you go by name only it'd be Cohiba or Monte #2. If you go with what the real smokers think you're gonna get a ton of different answers, Party Lusi, Upmann Sir Winston, Cohiba Esplendido's or Siglo VI's, Party Connie 1,2, or 3's, BCE's,Punch SS1 and 2, RA898'S, Party Coronas, are are just a couple that come to mind I've had the pleasure of trying. When I look back at my limited years of smoking habanos most of what I really remember liking is sadly discontinued, not a good trend and one that isnt stopping anytime soon.

LOL. And so it begins.

Yes, decades matter. I mean, look at Cohiba007's thoughts (and they aren't necessarily wrong) - but a Siglo VI, when that cigar is only a decade old in the Habanos portfolio? LOL.

I think if you're talking a true king of the Cubans, a true classic, that you mean something that's still around today, but yet has always been a near-top performer, and has been around since before nationalization / pre-embargo?

If that's the case, I'd say you've got five main contenders, in no particular order:

• RyJ Churchills
  • Montecristo No. 2
  • Partagas Lusitanias or Coronas
  • PLPC's
  • HdM Le Hoyo des Dieux

Again, these lists can be sooooooo varied. Lots of different opinions and viewpoints out there.

The RyJ Churchill, probably the best known cigar to non smokers? Buckets of history and prestige. The RyJ brand power is shamefully underused, IMO it carries more weight than any other marca by a mile. It makes what RyJ has currently become even more sad.

Agree that a proud brand like RyJ being in its current state is sad. Nice to see a little respect shown with the GR. Hope it turns out well and I am fortunate enough to try one.

The Cohiba Lancero seems to have such a politically charged and interesting history with involvement from Che and Castro both. I don't know if I think "king" because of the size but it certainly has a cool about it and I would argue is the most classic Cubatabaco product.

JFK certainly made the H. Upmann Petit Corona well known but I don't know that anyone outside the US would care and the size doesn't scream "king".

Churchill is the most famous smoker and loved his RyJ so maybe the RyJ Churchill is King.

I am thinking Cohiba Lancero since they were once only available as diplomatic gifts and only given to the higher ranking diplomatic visitors.

The lesser diplomats had to make do with Trinidads. :lol:

Fast forward to today, surely the BHK 56 takes the crown if only because of exclusivity, price and pedigree.

In the movie, "The Family Man", with Nicolas Cage, I will never forget the scene where he makes a presentation showing how he can profile the clients at his ad agency. He tells one client, among other things, he smokes Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas ( the marca for sure, not 100% on the vitola).

Perhaps not the king, but maybe a prince?

In the movie, "The Family Man", with Nicolas Cage, I will never forget the scene where he makes a presentation showing how he can profile the clients at his ad agency. He tells one client, among other things, he smokes Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas ( the marca for sure, not 100% on the vitola).

That was his boss, in his "other" life :)

I love that scene as well. I believe he just said Hoyo de Monterrey (no vitola).

Hmmm thinking.gif who would be the King Of Cuban cigars?? Well I do believe that both Montecristo (No.2) and the Cohiba Esplendidos would be the two most famed and familiar to those with even rudimentary knowledge on the subject. How about: Montecristo No.2, the King of Cuban cigars, and Cohiba Esplendido the Queen idea.gif