I need some opinions for a Special Cigar

Yesterday at 9:16am my daughter was born, mine and my wifes first. Its been an unreal 24hrs, she's so beautiful and its THE most unbelievable and unforgeteable event to ever happen to me. So being that it is Feb 2013 I know the cigars from this month, I want a Feb 13 box ofcourse, wont be out for a little but I'm trying to think of what I would get.as her commemorative cigar. I'm not really into EL's and we really dont know whats going to be smoking good or coming out that month that are good but Im fine with it being a regular production cigar provided it be of PSP quality and I know the Prez will help too. Off hand I was thinking of either Cohiba Siglo 6's, Party 898's or Sir Winstons. I only plan on smoking 1 a year on her bday, well thats the plan anyway but I'd like to get thoughts, do I go EL, LE, or a real good ie PSP box of a reg production cigar.

Congratulations mate! If you prefer reg productions, I'd go with that. Agree with Fuzz on the Des Dieux, they are a great smoke. As are the siglo VI and 898's. Any one of them would be suitable. No need to go for LE's if they're not your thing. I'm sure the Czar crew will help you get your hands on some cracker reg production boxes. All the best to you!

First and foremost, CONGRATSparty.gif

All the aforementioned are GREAT cigars, but if you're looking for a cigar that you'd ONLY want to smoke that one time a year, IMHO I'd go for a more "special" cigar. Maybe a PL Belicoso Extras? These have legs for the long term, perfect for you.

Congratulations Mate! Just been through the same amazing experience at the end of January. Our Baby Boy was born on the 29th.

Therefore I'm looking for a nice box too. Was even thinking of getting a 50 count cab. Maybe my boy gets into Cigars one day too and will demand his fair share of Birthday Cigars! But this option narrows down the choice a bit... Have to go for Double Coronas I think!

Anyways, enjoy the time with your daughter and wife, this experience is worth more than any smoke! I had to leave home already on Friday, sitting on board now at work and have to wait at least four weeks before I can hold my boy in my arms again...

I personally would wait and grab something EL 2013 when they are released and smoke one a year, maybe grab a couple boxes as they will be in 10's...HSA has really been cooking in regards to EL's last few years...

Bravo! Siglo VI would be a great choice. If you're willing to pay the price for Sig VI, you should also consider the Cohiba PE. Also, you could easily pick 2 or 3 boxes of Montes 520 or Serie C no 3, two great affordable LE's for less than a box of ig VI. Anyway, you choose what you want but for me, with a LE, you'll always get that extra special something since they are only available for a short period of time.you'll always find some haters of LE's but don't ignore them because of that. Congrats again on the little bundle of joy. My girlfriend and I just had one of our own and The happiest baby on the block method saved our lives.

I personally would wait and grab something EL 2013 when they are released and smoke one a year, maybe grab a couple boxes as they will be in 10's...HSA has really been cooking in regards to EL's last few years...

Indeed. Do we already know the sizes and names of these LE's?