Where to smoke in New York City... without hassle?

I know there is Club Macanudo and I cannot afford to join the Grand Havana Room (don't see myself hob-knobbing with that crowd anyway) but these days (especially in this cold weather) it stinks to be a cigar smoker in this town (no pun intended... well, unless you smoke dutch masters)...

does anyone know a place to sit down, smoke a cigar (my own, preferably) and enjoy a few premium libations? I also prefer a spot where I can sit and write but, surprisingly, people in starbucks don't like my blowing smoke from my monte no. 2's into their grande lattes....

I also live in New York City. I go to Merchants cigar bar on 1st Ave between 61st and 62nd street. They allow you to bring your own cigars and you can purchase drinks and food if you like.

Brilliant! Thanks for the info, I might swing by there this week and check it out as walking an HDM Double Corona on the streets of manhattan should be grounds for dismissal...

My bros and I used to go to the Carnegie Club when I flew in for work, since it was right around the corner. It's not very swanky like Club Mac, but nice to sit down with after 14hr day and relax.

If you're hungry, go to Florio's! You will most likely unknowingly pass by some FoH members during the weekends. sneaky.gif

with your help, I will be checking out Merchants Cigar Bar and Lounge and the Carnegie Club in the near future....

thanks cigar fiends!

Any particular dress code for the place?

I checked out the website and some reviews and nothing mentions a dress code, so it should be perfect for someone like me (fashion hobo)....

Carnegie club is nice and I also like Velvet Lounge,bring your own cigar and bring your own booze...you can't beat that! It is on the small side but in the afternoon it isn't crowded.

I lost my maxijet there last year so if you find a mat black one, thats mine lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be heading there towards the end of April

I'm hoping to check out a new lounge/ store every day

One thing, while I know its illegal to smoke in public places in NYC, I've always wanted to walk through central park while smoking a cigar (I always enjoy a walk with my cigars). What is the penalty for public smoking? If its just a fine and a tongue lashing, I'll just plead ignorance and pay it.

It might be a selfish question but I figured I'd ask anyway

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I frequent most already mentioned. Also there's Hudson Bar and Books, Lexington Bar and Books, Beekman Bar and Books (can't smoke at the bar or drink in the cigar lounge - unless you're just sampling innocent.gif ).

Merchants NY Cafe downtown has a covered outdoor seating area and heaters to enjoy a drink and a smoke.

Florio's in Little Italy used to allow smoking at the bar but that's since been stopped, though you can still smell the sweet smoke of Habanos wafting from somewhere in the area....also a few of the rooftop bars allow smoking though many don't.

Both Davidoff shops, De la Concha and Nat Sherman have smoking areas as well. I'm sure there are others but there's really no dearth of places to smoke in the city (excepting the parks).

Across the river in Jersey City there's Azucar near the Westin and in Brooklyn there's Diamante's, BYOB.

• Like 1

Little off topic...If I'm at a public venue like merchants ill remove the band from my cigar... interesting to see quite a few people indulging in cubans.

Yeah, check the glass door lockers there. Some interesting stuff, lots of NC, some legit, and some from cousins that work at factories for sure lookaround.gif