Is this a Genuine Cuban Cigar?

Trevor2118

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a Genuine Cuban Cigar? How many times has this question been asked in a forum? Unfortunately, forums are full of well-intentioned advice, which (regrettably) is often wrong and is invariably

There is an "English market selection" sticker on boxes imported into UK and it is portrayed as higher quality. Also, some Swiss vendors have claimed to be receiving superior stock. It's all a crock o

Thanks for a great post. I have been reading and researching all I can find here and everywhere trying to learn all I can

One important fact to point out is just because a box of cigars are grey market does not neccessarily mean they are not genuine. There seem to be many misconceptions about this subject. The rule of thumb; Know Your Vendor!

This is such a complex topic. I had no idea that " Grey market itself is not an indication of fakes."

That right there, further complicates the matter and has one guessing what really the cigars in question are.

A nasty bit of business for poor cigar smokers like us. Oh well, stick with a government store, when in Cuba.

AND....

Reasearch and learn as much as possible concerning your ability to identify the REAL thing!

This is the best bit of information I've seen on this site yet!!

Bravo!

Thanks for a great post. I have been reading and researching all I can find here and everywhere trying to learn all I can

• Like 1

Trevor,

Will this be added over at Cubancigarwebsite?

Yes it will. The intention will also be to add images to make it a complete work.

See: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/fakes.aspx

Trevor,

I'd be interested to know more specific information on the distribution channels. Anyone have a link with a break down of this?

Rob did a post on this some time back. I did a quick search but could not locate it.....I'm sure someone will.

Edited by Trevor2118
Link updated