2013 Gran Reserva & ELs announced

Looks like the Italian distributor have let the cat out of the bag a bit early.

We all knew the Gran Reserva was going to be a Partagas this year but now that's confirmed and it's going to be a Lusi (great cigar but I was thinking it would be a D4 but then it was released as a reserva in 2005)

Just a shame the same year Partagas get a GR they lose 3 production cigars from their range!

Here the photo of the price list from the Italian distributors site which shows the 3 2013 ELs too:

B5A3D1CF-CC11-46C8-A789-8BA1F3A07988-1414-000000D5A2E6E41D_zps7d6c8f38.jpg

The Duke was an amazing cigar, I've 2 boxes sleeping at the moment and hunting high and low for more!

The idea of a slightly thinner and longer Duke has me excited...shame it'll be the end of the year before we see them (well unless you're going to the festival and get a sample but I find the flavours can balance out a lot in the 6 or so months between festival and retail release)

I never heard the rumours about the Lusi, I'm obviously not as well connected as you Shlomo :P

I wish Hoyo would expand the Epicure line. I'm tired of only having 17 sizes to choose from.

Love it and agree, Epi 1 & 2 are great and a nice blend we don't need more...it is becoming like the Party Serie programme...keep it good and keep it simple

Love it and agree, Epi 1 & 2 are great and a nice blend we don't need more...it is becoming like the Party Serie programme...keep it good and keep it simple

I agree but I'd include the new LCDH Epi Deluxe which are very tasty!

I assume 1 of the columns is pricing....nice profit on the GR's, you know they'll be at least $900/box retail to start...

The retail price in Euros per box is on the far right. To the left of it is the per stick price.

No LE below a 52RG - fantastic rolleyes.gif

Those PL REs might be worth a try.

BTW, which are the three Partis to be deleted, as mentioned above?

I assume 1 of the columns is pricing....nice profit on the GR's, you know they'll be at least $900/box retail to start...

Right hand columns are price per stick in euros and price per box so at current exchange rates the 630 euro a box works out at about 850USD but that price is based on Italy's tobacco taxes & duties and I'm not sure whether they're high or low!

Frank will be happy about the Escepcions

While they're still on the distributors price list they're incredibly hard to find. I searched half a dozen Italian shops last summer with no joy :(

42 euro for the Gran Reserva is expensive IMHO.

I'll rather look for an old cabinet of Lusi's.

@Dara : La Escepcion is hard to find...but still available in big cities, problem is that in Italy it is forbidden to ship cigars by law ( internally and out of the country )

DId you notice also the new Vegueros and the 16 stick packaging ?

DId you notice also the new Vegueros and the 16 stick packaging ?

Not until now ohmy.png

Edit: And what is a Montecristo Double Edmundo?? 155/50 format.

898 would suck big time if thats gone, E2 and D5 are not even worthy of the partagas name anyways, so not a big loss at all. Sorry, back OT

the rumour mill seems to be saying the 898, E2 and D5 I think?

That's what I was told at the Partagas encuentro by someone in Habanos. The Dip 2 is also going from what I was told, so effectively killing the Diplomaticos brand :(