Well fellas, Wild Card weekend is over, after the Green Bay Packers predictably ran over the surprising Vikings, it's time to start picking up disgruntled football fans for the Bandwagon!

Who else is thinking that Mr. Rodgers is going to bring home another Lombardi Trophy to his Neighbourhood?

Go Pack! :D

C'mon Green Bay! My missus is from Milwaukee and the first day of our vacation in Vanuatu she had me up at 7 am on a non-air conditioned van across the island just to watch her beloved Packers trounce the Viqueens.

They breed loyal fans those Wiscosin folk.

If I had to bet the kids' College fund, I'd say it will be Packers/Pats at this point. I hate the patriots, so I'm with you, Chris. You'll not win any lusitanias from me this go-round, though. Rodgers will have his hands full with the niners D next week, but I think they're up to it. After that, I think they should walk over the Falcons. But then it's the NFL, so you never know.

No New York Gaints to root on so I will go with RAVENS and that little

bowlingball of a running back "Rice" and Qb Falco. Sea Hawks worst enemy is

their coach, has been a loser at the pro level for years. After how he left and made a mess out of

the USC program this guy is a BUM!

Pete Carroll is running what is perhaps the hottest team in the NFL right now. You may not like the guy but his team is on a heckuva roll.

Hottest team right now? How about 11 wins in a row by the Broncos? I think they are the hottest team right now.

I don't think they consider you being on a hot streak when you're expected to win. It's when you're not and you're winning...that's when your hot.

I don't think they consider you being on a hot streak when you're expected to win. It's when you're not and you're winning...that's when your hot.

So by your definition of a hot streak the Seagulls were not expected to beat the Jets, Arizona, St Louis Miami and Buffalo??.. oh wait they did loose to Miami.

i would have thought either way is on a hot streak. you can only play (and win) what is in front of you.

for me, broncos have been the seriously hot team last couple of months.

Were they expected to win? I remember there were a lot of questions marks behind Manning. Health, arm strengths, new team and so on. And before the Chargers MNF game they were 2-3... And then winning 11 in a row that is pretty impressive in my opinion.

regards

Lars

So by your definition of a hot streak the Seagulls were not expected to beat the Jets, Arizona, St Louis Miami and Buffalo??.. oh wait they did loose to Miami.

Looking at the line for those games...certainly no where near the margin they won by compared to other teams that are in contention...so yes.

Were they expected to win? I remember there were a lot of questions marks behind Manning. Health, arm strengths, new team and so on. And before the Chargers MNF game they were 2-3... And then winning 11 in a row that is pretty impressive in my opinion.

regards

Lars

If they weren't expected to win...I don't think that Denver would have brought Manning in. It's not like he came cheap. In truth...all the teams in contention were expected to win. Granted some more than others. The best have comparable records. Being hot to me also entails to a degree not just winning games, but how you win them.

i would have thought either way is on a hot streak. you can only play (and win) what is in front of you.

for me, broncos have been the seriously hot team last couple of months.

Ken...for me it's not just winning games. Two teams can have the same W/L record week to week...it's the fashion in which they win. How big is the margin they won by. How well did the defense dominate...etc.

If they weren't expected to win...I don't think that Denver would have brought Manning in. It's not like he came cheap. In truth...all the teams in contention were expected to win. Granted some more than others. The best have comparable records. Being hot to me also entails to a degree not just winning games, but how you win them.

Of course there were expectations with the signing of Manning. But let's be honest before the season started would you have thought that Denver would have the best record in the AFC plus homefield advange thoughout the playoffs?

Houston and New England were the early front-runners in the AFC to win it all.

Of course there were expectations with the signing of Manning. But let's be honest before the season started would you have thought that Denver would have the best record in the AFC plus homefield advange thoughout the playoffs?

Houston and New England were the early front-runners in the AFC to win it all.

I think it is fair to say that I along with most others didn't expect them to have the best record in the AFC. Did I doubt that Denver would be in the playoffs...Nope. I'm sure my call would be controversial to many, but I really don't think Elway would have pushed to sign him and offload Tebow if Manning wasn't in proper form to get Denver back into the playoffs and maybe farther.

Also...it's the NFL...teams spike and meltdown regularly. It happens every season.

It's optimal to have home field advantage through the playoffs...no doubt about it, but it's more important just to make the playoffs. Things happen. If the Texans didn't have a meltdown at the end of the season, Denver wouldn't have the best record. It's not all Manning...it's circumstances too, right?

Ken...for me it's not just winning games. Two teams can have the same W/L record week to week...it's the fashion in which they win. How big is the margin they won by. How well did the defense dominate...etc.

Here is a stat for you: including the second half of the Chargers MNF game the Broncos have outscorced their opponents 346 - 151.