Here is a stat for you: including the second half of the Chargers MNF game the Broncos have outscorced their opponents 346 - 151.

That's great...over the last 5 games of the season the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 193 - 60. We could go on and on statistically...numbers tell you what you want them to. I guess sometimes you have to take what you see and feel into the equation as well.

What is it that Mark Twain said..."There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

I'm rooting for my hometown Seahawks. The refs still owe Seattle for the SB they handed to the Steelers a few years back, so I think this year might just be Seattle's. Seahawks are in Atlanta next weekend and I'm pretty sure the Falcons aren't exactly looking forward to the matchup.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

I'm rooting for my hometown Seahawks. The refs still owe Seattle for the SB they handed to the Steelers a few years back, so I think this year might just be Seattle's. Seahawks are in Atlanta next weekend and I'm pretty sure the Falcons aren't exactly looking forward to the matchup.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Jeez, are you guys still whining about getting beat by the Steelers? I can't wait to hear what the whining is about after Atlanta smokes them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Seahawks. Very impressive D, very impressive rookie QB. But the fans are almost as bad as Bengals fans.

Jeez, are you guys still whining about getting beat by the Steelers? I can't wait to hear what the whining is about after Atlanta smokes them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Seahawks. Very impressive D, very impressive rookie QB. But the fans are almost as bad as Bengals fans.

Hmm. I guess you didn't actually watch that game then. Anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity would clearly recognize the refs blew that game.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Hmm. I guess you didn't actually watch that game then. Anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity would clearly recognize the refs blew that game.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I did watch it. Calls were blown. There are bad calls in most games. The bad calls didn't lose the game, the Seahawks lost the game. There have been a lot of games won by teams who overcame bad calls, and a lot of games lost by teams who couldn't overcome bad calls. The Seahawks are in the latter category.

I did watch it. Calls were blown. There are bad calls in most games. The bad calls didn't lose the game, the Seahawks lost the game. There have been a lot of games won by teams who overcame bad calls, and a lot of games lost by teams who couldn't overcome bad calls. The Seahawks are in the latter category.

A bad call here or there effects both teams, sure. A suspiciously inordinate number of bad calls that just so happen to conveniently go against one team cannot be overcome. You can play the other team, but you cannot also play the refs. I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one, eh?

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

All the bad calls could have been overcome, and some of what I'm sure you're referring to as bad calls were not. The 1st quarter TD that was called back for the WR pushing off was a good call. Even so, the refs didn't make Seattle go 3-and-out after that; the Steelers run D did that. The bad call on Hasslebeck's tackle during Ike Taylor's interception return in the 4th quarter gave the Steelers 15 extra yards. That meant they had to score from their own 45 instead of their own 30, right? Not throwing the INT would of course have solved the problem, but also remember that the scoring play on that drive was that beautiful fake-reverse-TD pass from Randel-El to Hines Ward. Not having multiple jocks handed to your defense on that play would have done a lot towards overcoming the bad call, but somehow I don't think that 15 yards was going to be the difference. So what's left? There was a questionable holding call that nullified a deep pass in the 4th quarter, but let's assume that the Seahawks score that TD. They lost by 11, which I think is more than a TD.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. But it's very bad sportsmanship to act like Mike Holmgren did. To be still upset about it years later is just amazing. Anyway, thanks for letting me relive the memories. Cheers.

Boys, c'mon now - let's keep to the topic at hand - how much the Packers are going to run over the 49ers!

My prediction - by a whole lot!

If I had to bet the kids' College fund, I'd say it will be Packers/Pats at this point. I hate the patriots, so I'm with you, Chris. You'll not win any lusitanias from me this go-round, though. Rodgers will have his hands full with the niners D next week, but I think they're up to it. After that, I think they should walk over the Falcons. But then it's the NFL, so you never know.

Don't worry man - no bets on the horizon this year! I'd like to see Pats vs Pack, just so we can squish Brady once and for all.

What is it that Mark Twain said..."There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Agree with you 100%. Here is a saying that goes something like this: Never trust a statistic that you have not forged yourself

regards

Boys, c'mon now - let's keep to the topic at hand - how much the Packers are going to run over the 49ers!

Don't worry man - no bets on the horizon this year! I'd like to see Pats vs Pack, just so we can squish Brady once and for all.

Don't know about this one. Could be close game. SF has a pretty good defense.

Amen that

I do not understand football. I am watching this every where I go this weekend because the guys have it on.

However, I see this on my Facebook page and someone must think it is funny, so maybe you do too. Beats me what it means.

Do not shoot the messenger. Just trying to fit in...party.gif

post-8371-0-48071000-1358109398_thumb.jp

Boy......I guess all I can say is.......WTF was THAT??!?!?!

Another offseason of questions. Donald Driver deserved better.

Dom Capers will probably get fired for that embarrassment of a defensive gameplan. I know there have been a number injuries on that side of the ball but his defenses have not been good the past 2 years.

Boy......I guess all I can say is.......WTF was THAT??!?!?!

Another offseason of questions. Donald Driver deserved better.

I agree. Half the team (Rogers included) was sick the week before and leading up to the game. Still disappointing though.

Niners season ticket holder here. I was at the game last night, was a wild and crazy ride. Atlanta here we come!

Congratulations; you must be pumped. Kaepernick is really exciting, and a DC's nightmare. It will be interesting to see if the Falcons can scheme better for him than the Packers did.