James Has It Right - Not A Bad List

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this thread and i see yet nother forum is heading down the road of self destruction - what a shame.

Over my dead body.

Forums degenerate when the few whingers feel emboldened enough to beleive they are the mainstream or whose personal vitriolic opinion actually counts for something. On my watch it will not happen. I encourage discourse but without personal attack. I have now edited where I thought necessary. if I have missed something, get over it. Don't PM me.

As I have replied to a personal PM on the subject today. FOH mods are not 000 or 911. We have lives, family, friends etal whom over a weekend we share time with. We don't read every post. Why should we. Each member is a custodian of FOH culture. Having said that I will expel 5-6 members the next time they cross the line. Get a life gentlemen. Suck up your incessant whinging and focus on the good, contribute to the "good". This is not a platform for your lingering insecurites.

I had a good day today. Shared wine and a cigar with Lisa and Frank. Played with my Godson. Laughed much.

Forums degenerate when the few whingers feel emboldened enough to beleive they are the mainstream or whose personal vitriolic opinion actually counts for something. On my watch it will not happen. I encourage discourse but without personal attack. I have now edited where I thought necessary. if I have missed something, get over it. Don't PM me.

Rob - sending you a mail on precisely this subject and this thread and my last 0,2 cents worth buddies.gif

Disfrutando la vida se vive mejor ok.gif

Hi all

I think it is a list ,one mans list ,and though i have only had but a few of the Cigars on this list

I have never met James I admire his passion for all the things he does,Cigars included.

He puts himself out there ,and one has to admire him for that .And I know with certainty he knows more about cigars than I ever will

This is the only forum that I partake in ,for the reason that it is full of civility and respect ,let's all try to keep it this way .

It's all to easy to. Follow the MOB ,lets strive to be different ,hence my avatar statement ...

Cheers all

OZ (Steve)

P.s good on you Rob the perfect godfather :-)

Agreed very much on that list, although the few I can't comment on include the 520, the Davidoff, and the E.D. 54. I'm glad he has the 1966 and the La Escepcion on there, as well as the Cohiba Piramides - these are all going to turn out to be epic cigars with age on them, I'm sure.

But, with current production stuff, I'd like to see RASS in there as well as potentially RA Extras, as this stuff has been epic lately too.

Wow. Just read the rest of this thread. Just....wow.

....but glad it wasn't me or Piggy adding to the headaches this time.... rolleyes.giflookaround.gifhole.gif

Glad to see the guardians are watching the homefront, and sad to think of what was deleted, compared to what's left out there.

Fingers crossed for better discourses to come, and a wake up for some.

Forming an opinion of a person based on what someone writes is natural - but it's not a true reflection of that person if you've never met them, and just maybe, is best kept to one's self. Maybe you meet them in the future and it turns out they are 100% what you thought.....but the opposite could be true too......so is it really fair to judge based on such limited information as written cigar reviews and thoughts?

Well said mate.. clap.gif While I don't agree with some of the names on JS's list, I find it to be the one I relate to the most. At least it is more realistic than the ones produced by Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Journal (what happened to this magazine is a crime).

Thanks for those sensitive words Chris. Clearly the discussions can get touchy in the spirit of the changes at HSA and the climate of discontinuations and such.

I don't think that those who love the new releases and marketing direction of HSA are any more or less militant than those who are uncomfortable with the changes. A friendlier dialog can't hurt. I need to remember to use more emoticons. Blasted Internet.

Thanks Patrick, I'll admit that sometimes I'm "too nice" a guy - but I think some things are worth heated discussion and some just aren't.....the list is meant to generate debate about the cigars therein, but it was going far beyond that.....it's as if FOH became like an ultra-conservative or ultra-liberal radio call-in show all of a sudden.

"We cannot learn from one another..... until we stop shouting at one another--until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices." - Richard Nixon

Well said mate.. clap.gif While I don't agree with some of the names on JS's list, I find it to be the one I relate to the most. At least it is more realistic than the ones produced by Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Journal (what happened to this magazine is a crime).

Thanks Moe - and this is just it with the list - to a great number of people, this list represents what they like or appreciate smoking. To just as great a number, it's completely the opposite. It's to Discuss......not accuse!!!

LOL!!!!!! WHAT??!?!?!?!?:

I have a different palate to James. Assess/evaluate a cigar differently. I respect his opinion but no more than the opinion of Ken, Colt, Chase, Bundwallah, Guy, Trevor, Tmac77, Ryan, Gino, Nino, Bartolomeo, Chance, keith, Art, Janet, Lisa, mk05, Aiz, Jose, Hamlet, Bear, etc etc etc etc...

You actually respect my opinion?!?!!?! I'm not saying that you respect it huge, but you that you respect it at ALL?!?!?!!?!?!

Man, is the world screwed then!!!!!

biggrin.pnglmao.gifbuddies.gifwink.pngtongue.png

I had a good day today. Shared wine and a cigar with Lisa and Frank. Played with my Godson. Laughed much.

As I've posted elsewhere.

We had a lovely day with Guy and Monique yesterday, who kindly invited us to their lovely home in the sunny South of France.

Great hospitality, fraternity and Friendship..

I sit smoking a Quintero coronas selectas...it's on nobodies list..but it's fantastic.

As I've posted elsewhere.

We had a lovely day with Guy and Monique yesterday, who kindly invited us to their lovely home in the sunny South of France.

Great hospitality, fraternity and Friendship..

I sit smoking a Quintero coronas selectas...it's on nobodies list..but it's fantastic.

Great stuff mazolaman