GENEROSITY, FRIENDSHIP and FRATERNITY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks an Update on this.

I have had two of the cigars so far. A bit of a slow pace for me normally but I have been running around a bit this week getting ready for Christmas.

A big thanks out to Keith for a much treasured La Gloria Cubana Medaile d'or #1. , The LGC Line holds a special place in my humidor as I only started smoking them as a result of my wife being named Gloria. They are now arguably my favorite Marca. This was a delightful cigar made even more enjoyable by the fact that my last two boxes of MdO #1's were part of the theft.

Then last night I enjoyed a brilliant Bolivar Britanicas courtesy of RIaz. This has a fantastic and classy looking perfecto shape to it and my concern that this cigar might have been too young to smoke yet was unfounded as I found this to be a delightful cigar despite its youth. A bit of a cross between a Royal Corona and a Gold Medal This was a very thoughtful gift from Riaz as we were both born in England.

As I smoked these cigars and gave thought to the tremendous outpouring of generosity of all the folks out there I feel completely humbled and blessed to have been fortunate enough to be a part of the FOH Comunity.

Thank you all

Tom

You are off to a good start. I expect a review of each and every cigar posted Tom. smile.png

Art you know me better than that. Most of my reviews come in the form of: Great cigar, good cigar, okay cigar, Not so good cigar and finally... the give this one to Art cigar.

Had another cigar yesterday from the donation bundles this time it was a fine LGC Deliciosos RE Cuba a generous donation from my good friend Lloyd.

So as I alluded to in an earlier post the main reason I started smoking the La GLoria marca was due to my wifes name being Gloria. My wife was browsing through my stash and noticed that I had none with her namesake. Q from wife: why don't you have any Gloria Cigars. A: from me: innocent.gif hmmmm

Well I started buying up LGC's and low and behold found that they suited my pallet to a tee and they are now one of my go to marca's.

My only nemesis of the LGC marca was the LGC Jar RE Cuba which I had been searching for at a non rape price for some time. Much to my surprise and amazement the ever resourceful Art managed to track down a jar of these in Cuba on the recent FOH cuba trip and Frank brought it back to Toronto with him. Another selfless gesture of fraternity and friendship in the FOH community.

So now I have the Jar and along with the donated single Deliciosos from Lloyd I was able to enjoy a fine example of this cigar without having to disturb the ones in the Jar, :)

As for the cigar itself it was a fine example of the LGC brand. A fine medium body smoke with plenty of nuances. Still a bit young and I would recommend that they rest for another year at least. (that a good enough review Art??)

Thank you Lloyd for this cigar. As soon as I saw it I knew that it would not be long before it would be set to the flame.

Tom

NIce review Tom. Where's the pics? LOL

I assumed that the depth and imagery created by my reviews would be enough to create a picture of the cigar in the readers mind.

No?

Enjoyed a nice HDM petit Robusto this morning courtesy of Jeff (GWN),

Having never tried the PR from the HDM marca i thought that it would be a nice cigar to start the day off with and I was not far off the mark on the call.

A good cigar that had a bit more bite to it than it's bigger brother the Epi #2 which may be due to my eagerness to smoke this one as opposed to letting it rest a bit longer.

I may be looking to add these to my rotation.

Thanks Jeff for this.

Tom