A post about language

I'm not arguing that we should have relaxed restrictions on the language we can use. I am only wondering if there is a way to put a couple words on a safe list so they can be seen. Specifically c.u.n.t.i.n.t., c.u.n.t.a.s, etc. I just wish the words (which we have dedicated forums for) would be allowed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure there is a way to allow the base four letter word at question; what I am specifically wondering is if there is a way to only allow that word when it is part of the word *****as, or *****int, etc. but not in any other form.

I am pretty sure there is a way to allow the base four letter word at question; what I am specifically wondering is if there is a way to only allow that word when it is part of the word *****as, or *****int, etc. but not in any other form.

These are not words.....they are abbreviations. So its just a matter of adding . . . . . . . (not so hard guys).

These are not words.....they are abbreviations. So its just a matter of adding . . . . . . . (not so hard guys).

Exactly.......

I only asked because on the site itself it is abbreviated without periods.

I don't see the harm on using bad language. As long as people don't over-use the power!

Tapatalk'd from my Note II part Tres

Unfortunately, the language on the forum has degenerated beyond acceptable limits, despite requests to curb it and self-moderate posts. I'm sure the decision was not taken lightly by the mods at the time, but it was necessary in my view.

Its really a shame that the owners feel the need to restrict language. I can see how it can get out of hand sometimes, but we are all adults after all.

Pretty simple

Talk as you would with a bunch of mates ....but in the company of a woman.

Its really a shame that the owners feel the need to restrict language. I can see how it can get out of hand sometimes, but we are all adults after all.

+1

I don't know what women you hang with Pres, but the women I hang with cuss with the best of them.

One of the first dates I went on with my wife - 12 years ago now? - we played pool. She was terrible. Just plain terrible. Swore like a sailor the whole time because she did so poorly. I was smitten. It was true love. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I don't know what women you hang with Pres, but the women I hang with cuss with the best of them.

All fine

...but in the presense of a woman you have just met.

The world is full of boards that have degenerated over time. In the end, they are digital versions of the movie "Lord of the Flies".

I love the movie world of the 40's/50's. Swanky, witty, sharp, sexy and yet foul language was absent. A nice standard that is not beyond any of us here (me included).

Work/lift yourself to it.

A little

I love the movie world of the 40's/50's. Swanky, witty, sharp, sexy and yet foul language was absent. A nice standard that is not beyond any of us here (me included).

Work/lift yourself to it.

I miss watching those movies on a Saturday arvo. daydream.gif

A little decorum never hurt anybody. Makes the world so much more bearable.

I think the degree of what is considered cussing/foul language should be re-evaluated, I got censored for a penis synonym that was in no way dirty or obscene in another thread just now and it seems a bit silly.

I have no problem with the stance Rob and the moderators have taken on language. I just know there are people on this board who are much better with software and its limitations than I am. I wasn't even sure if what I was asking could even be done. I know that you could make it so that four letter word wasn't censored, but I don't know if it could be done only when it is used as a part of the bigger c.u.n.t.a.s., etc. words but still have it censored when it was on its own, or if there are limitations that make it so if it isn't censored as part of c.u.n.t.a.s. that it also wouldn't be censored on its own.

I don't like censorship or big brother or whatever as much as any other red blooded male.

Having said that, this is the ONLY forum (on any subject) I visit and that is because this is really an online version of a bunch of mates getting together.

If language needs to be censored to keep this from deteriorating as I've heard other forums have SO BE IT.

long live FOH.

EDIT: let me assure you in real life I can be very foul mouthed. I just find no real need to be so here.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631741,-87.070713

On the same topic can we also allow the "F" word but only when used to describe the degree of how bad Tony Romo is??? There really is no other substitute to convey that measurement of awfulness. It is a level of severity-measuring descriptor.

I agree... So hard being a Dallas fan. Man!

I don't like censorship or big brother or whatever as much as any other red blooded male.

Having said that, this is the ONLY forum (on any subject) I visit and that is because this is really an online version of a bunch of mates getting together.

If language needs to be censored to keep this from deteriorating as I've heard other forums have SO BE IT.

long live FOH.

EDIT: let me assure you in real life I can be very foul mouthed. I just find no real need to be so here.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.c...1741,-87.070713

Exactly and completely 100% the same here. (Aside from the "I am here..." part. LOL. I WISH!)

No offense intended, of course, but that seems a little hypocritical. If it's unsavory to use foul language in writing or in certain company, why use it at all? If it's a matter of propriety, should one not be proper at all times, rather than selectively?

If Rob allowed me to use the same language here as I do in the real world, I certainly would. If I speak the words, I have no problem writing them. But Rob's rules are clear, so I abide by the rules out of respect for the man. If he ever changed his mind I certainly wouldn't mind. I'm a member on several other forums where such rules aren't enacted and there are no detrimental effects. In my mind it's the personality or participation of the membership that make or break a community, not the types of words they use to express themselves.

But the rules here are clear and I respect that. It's Rob's house and he makes the rules. Fair, simple, and easy to understand.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

No offense intended, of course, but that seems a little hypocritical. If it's unsavory to use foul language in writing or in certain company, why use it at all? If it's a matter of propriety, should one not be proper at all times, rather than selectively?...

I think it's all about the location, the atmosphere, and the host.

Can I/do I/am I able to go to McDonald's and eat french fries with my fingers and get all greasy and dirty? Sure. But if I go to a fine restaurant, if it's not proper for the setting, there's nothing courteous about eating with my hands rather than using more "civilized" means.

If Rob allowed me to use the same language here as I do in the real world, I certainly would. If I speak the words, I have no problem writing them. But Rob's rules are clear, so I abide by the rules out of respect for the man. If he ever changed his mind I certainly wouldn't mind. I'm a member on several other forums where such rules aren't enacted and there are no detrimental effects. In my mind it's the personality or participation of the membership that make or break a community, not the types of words they use to express themselves.

But the rules here are clear and I respect that. It's Rob's house and he makes the rules. Fair, simple, and easy to understand.

That pretty much sums it up, Rob's house, Rob's rules. The man who has done so much for us deserves our respect.