Cigar Number 2. FOH 2012 Blind Tasting

Thank you to all those taking part in one of the hardest things to do in the cigar world. BLIND TASTING spotlight.gif

Whether you nailed it or not, the process of doing a blind tasting is always fun. when you go back to read your notes, compare them to the notes/reviews of those who nailed it. You will find that they are not too different!

I won't even go int the PM's which had this cigar as one of the final 2 considerations...only to go with the other. Well done for getting so close.

This cigar certainly has an element of Cohiba Grassiness. Creamy aspects of the HDM Epicure 1? Touch of a Punch Punch earth/leather.

But its not biggrin.gif

Welcome to one of my favourite cigars....The Saint Luis Rey Serie A PLU MAY 11

Congratulations to Michel for batting 2 from 2. He can still be tied on the 3rd!

Let's get the last cigar Review in between now and the 4th of June. I will post a new thread.

Cheers! clap.gif

post-4-0-53946100-1336816796.jpg

Thank you for both fun and introducing an excellent cigar which I have never smoked before. :thumbsup:

I had never had one before... but selected it purely by process of elimination - the box pressed finish instantly ruled our Cohiba, JLP and HDM.

It was def a nice smoke. A new one in my my "must buy" list.

WOWI would never have thought, never had one before. Thought I nailed this one and my cigar gave no indication it was box pressed.

I dont read the reviews till I have sent my guess.

Well done to those who nailed it..

Sharks

I have never had one before but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for introducing me to this stick as it is now top of my list of cigars to purchase next!

Welcome to one of my favourite cigars....The Saint Luis Rey Serie A

Are you sure? :)

"I can't drink Cognac. I have had some of the worlds finest Cognac and I still hate it. I have had Cognac aficionado's explain to me how it should be loved, carressed, savoured. How it is the ultimate of spirits, the nectar of the Gods. To me....it is Pig swill.

ST Luis Rey serie A is much the same for me. I struggle with this stick more than any other. It is a hate hate relationship...I don't like it and it doesn't like me. We try to get along....and occasionally I will take it our for a dance and we will pretend to like each other....but we won't speak again for a year."

Nice work all!

Congrats Michel and all who got it. It was not easy (although I think a little easier than the PC). I wafted back and forth questioning myself over and over before settling on a selection.

Wow. Do I suck at blind tastings. I really should have gotten this one. I was so convinced this was a Sigio 4. I'm 0 for 5 since last years blind tasting. If I don't get the Churchill right I'm probably going to have to give up.

Wait no I won't. I will try again next year.

Ha! And here I thought, "Nah, Rob wouldn't pull a fast one on me. No way would he use the SLR A again for a blind taste test...." dry.gif

....as they say..."Play the ball ...not the man " :D

Congrats to those who guessed correctly.

Later, after submitting my guess, I smoked a delicious SLR Pacifico gifted to me by tsolomon. I remember thinking, "This tastes a lot like that Cigar Number 2". Oh well, great cigar anyway.

Pres, was it from a 50 cab or a dress box?

Dave

Thanks to all the people who congratulated me! But remember, the contest is not finished before it is... well... finished! After all I may still trip badly in the end :rotfl:

Good luck and bravo to all those who identified correctly either cigar no. 1 or no. 2.

Best,

Michel