a husband in need of a divorce lawyer?

Cheetahs attack woman at safari park

May 6, 2012

• Read later

art-632076616-420x0.jpg

Violet plays with the 'tame' cheetah at the Kragga Kamma game reserve near Port Elizabeth. Photo: AP

The photos taken by a tourist from Scotland show his wife on the ground, hair flying, blood on her neck, with two cheetahs nearby.

The Port Elizabeth Herald reported that Violet D'Mello of Aberdeen was attacked by cheetahs on April 28 while in a petting pen with the animals at the Kragga Kamma game reserve near Port Elizabeth in southeastern South Africa.

It says she was attacked while trying to protect young children from another group that was in the enclosure at the same time.

art-632075400-420x0.jpg

The cheetahs tear at Violet's hair. Photo: AP

Her husband took photos of the attack, which were published by the local newspaper and others.

One of the photos taken by Archie D'Mello shows his wife Violet smiling and posing with a cheetah raised by humans in the enclosure, before, as she told the Herald, "it became serious very quickly".

One of two cheetahs in the enclosure first grabbed a young girl, leaving her with scratches and cuts that needed stitches, the paper reported.

art-632075815-420x0.jpg

Violet has blood on her face as the cheetahs circle after the first attack. Photo: AP

Violet tried to calm the child and her brother, and ended up also being attacked.

She told the BBC she had numerous bite and puncture marks, and that her scalp was "sliced open".

The cheetahs "weren't being vicious. You could tell they were just excited", Violet D'Mello told the Herald.

The Herald said park staff and other visitors pulled the cats off.

The D'Mellos continued their holiday in South Africa.

AP

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1uPUY2Jic

Agreed Cap't. I wouldn't risk my life for a photo op with something that could kill me. I've seen too many stories like this.

When my wife and I were married in 2007, we spent part of our honeymoon on Vancouver Island. We were visiting one of the waterfalls, and explored around the area. We were the only ones there, and my wife said that she had an eerie feeling like we were being watched. So, we hiked back out to the car and didn't think anything of it. It was later, after we were home from the honeymoon, that we watched a special on the Discovery Channel about how 98% of Couger attacks in Canada happen on Vancouver Island.

i remember when i was in africa being told of a bloke from germany travelling around with his small son. they came across a hippo so he put his son down next to it and went back to take a snap. when he turned around, two little feet sticking out of the hippo's mouth. sounds like a comic but tragic.

we have the issue of dingo's on fraser, and elsewhere. they look like lovely friendly dogs and so, against all the advice and evidence that they have killed humans, morons keep feeding them and trying to pat them. i remember seeing one imbecile on his hands and knees with a sausage in his mouth, trying to entice a wild dingo to take it. and they then shoot the dingo's. better that they shot the morons.

They still won't let me back into the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary after asking if they were good to eat.

It never amazes me how stupid people can be. There was a case in a zoo outside of Chicago a few years back where a woman climbed over a fence and then stuck her arm through another fence in order to pet a sleeping wolf. Needless to say the wolf wasn't happy about that and quickly clamped on to her arm. Unfortunately the wolf had to be shot dead and the lady got to go home.

i remember when i was in africa being told of a bloke from germany travelling around with his small son. they came across a hippo so he put his son down next to it and went back to take a snap. when he turned around, two little feet sticking out of the hippo's mouth. sounds like a comic but tragic.

we have the issue of dingo's on fraser, and elsewhere. they look like lovely friendly dogs and so, against all the advice and evidence that they have killed humans, morons keep feeding them and trying to pat them. i remember seeing one imbecile on his hands and knees with a sausage in his mouth, trying to entice a wild dingo to take it. and they then shoot the dingo's. better that they shot the morons.

....but then you scream and complain when baby seals attack, and we need to let the inuit club them, so that the pretty fishies can still live....

Hypocrite.

;):stir::devil2::innocent::D

....but then you scream and complain when baby seals attack, and we need to let the inuit club them, so that the pretty fishies can still live....

Hypocrite.

;):stir::devil2::innocent::D

as for baby seals, we'll look after them for you and you can take our salties.

the comment on leopards is spot on. i remember being in a village in africa where they had just shot and strung up a leopard. it had been taking goats and the odd child. even dead and strung up, 90% of he villagers were turned into gibbering terrified wrecks by the corpse. one woman would pick up a stick, start running at the corpse to beat it but when she got about 15 feet away, she would collapse in a screaming mess.

but my point was more along the lines of when you did get up close to it, you could see how incredibly powerful it was. the size of the paws/claws and the muscles in the legs. even close to a live one in a zoo, you get no idea compared to this. you realise just how absurd those tarzan movies were.

Ken, what caliber and weapon should they use to shoot morons? I am just takin' notes mate, for reference sake!!! -LOL :coverears::covereyes:

and they then shoot the dingo's. better that they shot the morons.

Ken, you and I disagree on guns and gun control, but I completely agree with you on this. If someone doesn't have the common sense to realize that an animal is wild and will act on instinct, then the idiot should be the consequences not the animal doing what it was bred to do.