La Escepcion Wowww, what a smoke .

I have been looking out for the release of these Selectos Finos since they were first announced as Regionals.

Today I can understand the delay and taking the time needed before launching these cigars on the Italian market.

post-3705-0-49593900-1332196033.jpg

post-3705-0-08406300-1332196083.jpg

I would like to congratulate all the passionate persons who worked on this project for truly getting everything so right.

post-3705-0-99636200-1332196502.jpg

I would put this cigar on the same level as the Por Larranaga Magnificos UK regional 2007 , another fantastic cigar.

La Escepcion Selectos Finos is not only a great tasting cigar,( I'll get to that in just a minute) but also a great looking long and skinny,(6.5 x 38) Parejos . Chuck would have really loved this one, the wrapper is a beautiful Colorado with just the right amount of oiliness. The smell on the cigar and in the box is truly sublime.

post-3705-0-13292400-1332196109.jpg

Odd as it may sound, I didn't pair the Selectos Finos with anything other then water, A first for me LOL.

post-3705-0-93055300-1332196215.jpg

post-3705-0-84096200-1332196248.jpg

The draw was simply perfect , the flavors were out right animal , barnyard with strong hints of leather right from the start, well, well, well , beautiful lady, now you sure have my attention . I've been so busy looking at the dress that I forgot for an instant that there was someone inside , excuse me, I'll be more careful from now on .

1st Third- the Selecto Fino started out with a strong pepper and spicy note that really took me by surprise, Woww, she is not kidding around, for a slap, it's a slap . OK !! I'll start being careful now.

post-3705-0-13578600-1332196302.jpg

2nd Third- What a reward, taking my time and not rushing it will surly get me more somewhere then nowhere at the end.

The cigar is starting to open up with delicate notes of dark tea and sort of citrus touch but also adding hints of wet soft leather. I could feel that we're getting closer to appreciating each other.

post-3705-0-22085200-1332196330.jpg

Final Third- the time has come to conclude, rich, bold and sweet at the same time. the pepper has gone leaving a taste of rich green tea mixed with grilled almonds and coffee blended to perfection. Time went by so fast that I wasn't aware that she had gone leaving me with not much to hold on, but with a feeling that in not too long we would be enjoying each other's company again.

post-3705-0-33842100-1332196357.jpg

Comment:

I being one who had smoked the brand in the 70's & 80's, La Escepcion was a very brutal and strong cigar with not much finesse, just a dark clean cuban tobacco for smokers who were only looking for a dark and strong taste.

Final comment:

With all the changes that has occured in the last 30 years with the tobacco plants, reproducing the blend would be a real problem but for La Escepcion,I don't think that reproducing the blend would really be a plus because tastes have changed and I don't think that the old and strong taste would appel to many of today's Habano smokers, however, the style, the unique spirit of this brand has been recreated and faithful to it's original character.

It's as if you remembered a young girl who used to be a real tomboy and discover that today, 30 + years later has become a very attractive and refined woman but, on the other hand, has kept her own strong and unique characture.

Today, La Escepcion is and has that uniqueness about it.

I don't like scores but here it's different, I give this cigar a 96/100 only because I don't have 10 boxes.

post-3705-0-39348000-1332196177.jpg

Sorry for being sooo long but I hope you enjoyed.

Ciao les amis.

Guy

Great review Guy :clap:

I have a couple of boxes of these in my locker thanks to Gino. I love the feel of the cigar in the hand. Visually they are magnificent and the aroma at cold quite brutal. I am finding them a touch closed in flavour complexity but it as all there waiting to be released. I really can't wait to see these develop over 5-7 years.

Kudos to the brains trust that got this package so right :ok:

Great review Guy, great pics and background on its past.

I'll be honest...I'm not impressed with this currently. Very similar to the Le Hoyo series...this is what I expect a panatela Le Hoyo du Prince to taste like.

I mean, I could be smoking a fonseca consacos and be close. This is just one man's opinion.

Hi Guy,

Wow! What an enchanting review! You certainly paint a lovely picture of this cigar.

This is a cigar brand that I had never heard of, so it was very fun to learn about this too.

Thank you for sharing,

Curtiss