The new Security band for Cohiba

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, those look beautiful! I like that they took the holographic properties of the BHK bands, and some of those security / anti-faking aspects, and applied it to the look of the "regular" band. Very VERY cool to see that blend.

Now, these are only going to be released, at the outset, on the new piramides extras? These are to be a regular production item? Last I remember from one of your updates Trev, it's going to be a 10-box, and with the "extra" slightly bigger and longer than a regular piramid? (I just looked at your webpage, and yeah, I see that they're 54 ring gauge, as opposed to the normal 52 ring gauge of other piramides, and then 6 3/8" long, as opposed to the normal 6 1/8" long of regular piramides). Are those dimensions/plans/packaging still as expected?

Is there any word of a release/availability date, or potential pricing?

These photos make a guy wanna drop everything and head for their humidor. I can taste them!!

That is a beauty of a close-up Trevor! Having been in the secure document business, I know what it takes to get that sort of quality. Cheers.

Bit gaudy and NC-like for my taste, but if it fills a purpose...then again Cohiba bands have never been ones to be understated. Like someone else said above, I just hope they leave the rest of the marcas alone and don't give everything a carbon fibre box to match :thumbsdwn:

I still love the old style unbanded SLB packaging that HDM had until recently, but I know that style will never be back sadly.

They look a bit ugly to me. I guess I prefer my cigar bands to be more simple (I prefer the pre-03 Cohiba bands to the current). Personally, I'm not worried about ever getting ripped off by anywhere I buy cigars from. I wonder how much the new bands will add to the price tag?

^exactly this

There was no need to make the band that tall, those security holograms could have been incorporated on a much thinner band but look how NCish (read comical) they look now. It's probably more of a marketing gimmick under the guise of security to command a bigger price tag because of the now impressive band, it's like the bigger they are the more expensive they must be! I don't even mind the current ones but this is ridiculous. It's for people who want status indicators to signal to their surroundings "hey look what I'm smoking".

Hilarious the negative comments on here....Cohiba should be commended for their band work over the last couple of years especially in terms of trying to cut down on counterfitting...I see no other name out there doing so...

^exactly this

There was no need to make the band that tall, those security holograms could have been incorporated on a much thinner band but look how NCish (read comical) they look now. It's probably more of a marketing gimmick under the guise of security to command a bigger price tag because of the now impressive band, it's like the bigger they are the more expensive they must be! I don't even mind the current ones but this is ridiculous. It's for people who want status indicators to signal to their surroundings "hey look what I'm smoking".

Ramon, I take it from your avatar picture that you like the P1's? So, what do you think with the jar from those then? Is that not similar added-bling along your thoughts with this, and also adds to the cost overall of that cigar?

I agree wholeheartedly with Steve (diamondog). They had/have to do something. Cohiba IS the most bling and most overpriced and quite frequently the most overhyped cigar in the Habanos portfolio, but therefore most counterfeited. If they didn't, just as many people would be complaining about fake cigar issues, or them being behind the times, etc. Cohiba's only been around as a consumer brand for a few short decades - it's not like they're disturbing the storied century-plus-long history of other brands like Partagas, RyJ, RA, etc., etc.

It's all about the cigar itself anyways. Pretty band or not.

I just hope it helps fight the counterfeiters (but somehow I doubt it - they even managed to fake BHK bands plus you can always put a legit band on a fake stick).

Cohiba deserves a bit of bling IMO for their price tags.