In your opinion...what 2 cigars are the closest in blend?

This may surprise some, but I have always found Partagas and La Gloria Cubana to have similar core blends. This is perhaps most evident in young cigars, especially when comparing the Partagas 898V to the La Gloria Md'Or No. 2.

It's as if the LGC blender started with the Partagas blend, then added some sweet, fruity and floral leaves.

I agree Bob, with age they tend to really become their own but young its a tough call blind. Good thing I love em both! Personally, I feel that way too many of the EL's are generic and similar in profile- again particularly when they are young. Its that damn wrapper.

Vegas Robaina Unicos and Cuaba Divinos. I hear that the tobacco used to produce these gems are from the same region, Pinar del Rio, and have similar attributes whilst herfing

If you meant within the same marca, which I don't think you did, monte 4 and 5. Across different marcas, never really thought about it but will do some research.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631711,-87.070632

Referring to last years blind taste: Diplo#2 and Party P2.

And another pair quite close to each other: RA Superiores and H.Upmann M46.

Within same MarcRy: RyJ no.2 and RyJ no.3. Similarly Upmann Corona Minors and Upmann Corona Majors. Monte Petit Tubos and MC4 (well they are the same but given different names).Also I find the P2 a lighter and ever so slightly more aromatic version of the D4 but obviously similar DNA.

Across marcas - I honestly find each marca quite distinct from the next and can usually tell them apart (and the major brands in a blind tasting).