H. Upmann #2's - what say you?

I think they're fantastic! In fact many will buy them instead of Monte #2's because the consistency is much higher and many think they're fairly similar in flavor. This is not me as I don't have as much experience as I'm still a noob.

I ordered my first box from the Czar back in October. I've since ordered another box (even though I wasn't done with the first one) since they were so good. Easily one of the best smoking cigars right out of the box. They definitely get better with some age on them, of course, but they're extremely good straight away. They're one of the my top 5 favorite smokes now for certain. :) I've only ordered from the site - none of the HQs or PSPs if they're available. I would imagine those would be insanely stellar. I'll jump into the dogfight for those for sure if/when they show up in a future LFTH event.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Dont bother Frank, you will just bash it like the 1966!!!! :tantrum:

:lmao: Steve, your memory is too good. On that note, I just got a few 1966 singles from the Czar. They're dark and oily. :hungry: I might have to fire one up next week, weather permitting.

I see my comments sparked a new thread, nice. Again, mine were not smoking well out the box and they were mild which I do not like in a smoke. Picked up more flavor and strength with some time on them, great construction and very consistent. Not in your face but not as subtle as montes which I don't buy. Not like the mag46 or 50 which are the brash young siblings of the line, more ilke the smooth gentlemen of the line. Upmann 2 is for the guy who drinks martinis shaken, not stirred and a little dirty.

I see my comments sparked a new thread, nice. Again, mine were not smoking well out the box and they were mild which I do not like in a smoke. Picked up more flavor and strength with some time on them, great construction and very consistent. Not in your face but not as subtle as montes which I don't buy. Not like the mag46 or 50 which are the brash young siblings of the line, more ilke the smooth gentlemen of the line. Upmann 2 is for the guy who drinks martinis shaken, not stirred and a little dirty.

I just ordered a few of these from the LFTH event this week. Looking forward to it. My favorite #2 is the Partagas. Sound like this is a bit milder, but hopefully has enough flavor complexity to keep it interesting.

Anyone have an opinion on the Diplomaticos #2? This was also part of the sampler pack I bought.

Anyone have an opinion on the Diplomaticos #2? This was also part of the sampler pack I bought.

A little spicier than a monte 2, but otherwise similar imo. Lots more consistent though, owing I guess to smaller production numbers. I really like the Dip 2 in general.

A little spicier than a monte 2, but otherwise similar imo. Lots more consistent though, owing I guess to smaller production numbers. I really like the Dip 2 in general.

thanks for the feedback, fellas. really looking forward to both. The PSP2 just keeps rising in my book. I love the PSP D4 and the Lusi, and have a box of 898s resting comfortably in the humidor, but the #2 is a high quality smoke. It has overtaken the Monte #2 for me for some time now.