Cigar Review

The last time I smoked one of these, my testament on this forum was that it was the best cigar ive ever had...

So today on my day off I braved the irish weather to smoke another to see if my bold claim still holds true, so without further ado,

This is still the best cigar ive ever had. The corona gorda has now surpassed the petit corona as my favourite and this cigar is a fine example.

Wrapper: absolutley gorgeous, just how i like it, nice and dark with a healthy sheen, also quite smooth.

Construction: perfect, no issues to report, perfectly filled but not too firm.

Aroma at cold: earthy tobacco and old grass, a touch of leather

Cold draw: toasted granary and weaten bread. A healthy hint of the grass from aroma at cold

Opening: very smooth and unassuming but slowly building in intensity, gaining a fruityness, like christmas cake, leather also present.

End of first third: cigar definatley going at its own pace, pudding like breadiness the most present flavour, leather and grass died off.

End of second third: much like the first to be honest, but definatley no complaints about that, showing signs again that its building in intensity leaving me eager to get stuck in to the last third.

Last third: really steaming now, much more intense now with all flavours present accompanied by more leather and bitter choclate. Absolutley delicious. Just the right amount of complexity allowing me to pull and identify flavours.

Aftertaste: very strong tea, lasting about an hour.

Smoked right to the nub, it is with not much deliberation that RA is now my favourite marca, its just so consistent, coupled with all the RASS i had over the christmas period and the box of RASCC i brought back from cuba , i really cannot fault any of them.

Here is a pic: http://img651.imageshack.us/i/imagedvq.jpg/

Now the frantic hunt to find a box ensues...

Thanks for your time gents.

Stevie

habanos really got it right for once with this cigar. thanks for the review and the re-visit. RA is quickly becoming one of my favorite marcas. The Extra and Superiores are on top of my 2012 purchasing list. i could fill up a cooler of Rascc, Rass, Extra and superiores and I will be a very happy man.

Hi Stevie,

Great review! I am currently anxiously awaiting the arrival of my box from the Czar! You may need to change your name to RAStevie!

From the picture you posted, it looks like you have a much nicer winter in your back yard!

Thank you for sharing,

Curtiss

Thanks for the comments guys. Im really kicking myself i missed the boat on these when they first came out. Chances are i will have to pay over the odds for a box now, still plenty in the uk but quite pricey.

Nonameno: that pic actully dosent look too bad but i lasted about 15 mins then had to put gloves on lol.

Picked up a box with the intention of aging ... got talked into (rather easily) trying one out. Now my problem is that the box won't last very long! Stocking up on these boxes is the only solution!

And Steve now you get why my avatar is what it is. Later this year make your way down to Charleston, SC and you and I will smoke the legendary 02 RA 898's.

Definatley sounds like a superb offer aavkk! Im actually drooling at the thought of having an RA 898 with 10 years on it!

Meanwhile its looking like a box will run me £300 ($470) in the uk which is a kick in the balls.

Great review Steve. I had a few of these in Havana and brought back a box to put away. I've now decided I am going to have to get some to enjoy now so I have another box on the way for that. As well as being on the long list at Czar for another box to put away. These are the real deal.

Just by chance I'm smoking my 1st Extra right now... and I love it!

I'm a huge fan of RA and this just reinforces this. Excellent stuff!

Great review Steve

My box arrived the other day will be having one fri night ,cannot wait ,love thr RA marque

Thanks for posting

Cheers OZ :cigar: