Cigar Reviews

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I buy everything that the underground assassins tell me to. I am new to cubans. I am using "the shotgun" approach. I am randomly buying boxes I have never heard of before just because Ken likes them.

I like to see all the reviews to see were I'm going but will still buy something I want to try even if the reviews are bad...I want to make my hown mistakes.

I like to read the flavors they get and if thats what i like it makes it easyer for me

Sure, reviews influence me. In my early days, I religiously tried to track down the CA Top 25 :rolleyes:

Now I know better and make up my own mind by trying a couple of sticks first. If a cigar gets universally rave reviews, I am more inclined to buy them sight unseen but I keep in mind who the reviewers were (i.e. do they have similar tastes than me), my general marque and vitola preferences (i.e. I simply won't buy any 60 ring gauge or a Guantanamera), and the price point (i.e. no MGR box before at least trying a single).

If a cigar gets a lot of bad reviews, I will probably still try a single, but definitely won't blindly buy a box.

Reviews are subjective and the enjoyment of a cigar depends a lot on outside factors.

goddammit i love those zebra slippers

I can pick up some for you at a Japanese store in San Francisco, if you like - along with a Lululemon outfit :D

I can pick up some for you at a Japanese store in San Francisco, if you like - along with a Lululemon outfit :D

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Growl darl-ring, growl! :drool::D;)

And, I just noticed with your slippers pick, Claus - for lack of a better or cleaner phrase, can anyone say "camel toe"?!! LOL.

Dan,

I look around, I read , I listen and then I make up my own mind.

What I look for, is not so much being influenced or convinced but

rather that it aroused my curiosity but, in no way will a

cigar review influence me on my buying or not.

Thank you, Sir! That is what happens here, as well ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A few guidelines, that never fail:

If Everyone likes a cigar, one might want to get suspicious

If Nobody likes a cigar, nobody should get suspicious

If the cigar gets mixed reviews, one should at least get curious

:wink2:

In the portfolio of Habanos, there are many more great cigars vs bad ones. I say this NOT including inconsistencies which probably plays a bigger role in an individuals mind.

Case and point: I will probably never buy another box of Punch Punch because the last one I had was SO outright disgusting it made me sick for weeks at a time after smoking. Gave it 5 years and still rancid. No thank you. If I had received a "good" box I'd be on the flip side of this coin. It's up to chance as to how the dice rolls out.

So even if I read a bad review I know from experience there are also great examples of the same cigar in someone else's hand. Truly bad cigar marq, well I don't like RJY much. And I'm not sure if my call on that is not based on inconsistency (I've had a lot of poor examples), or I just don't like them. But I digress.

I enjoy reading and listening to what others have to say, in many matters of life, as well as with cigars. But I'd have to say it influences my personal buying decision very little. The recent raves on the RA and Cohiba LE are not pushing me to purchase them. Are they as good as they're claimed to be? Yes I'm sure they are, as long as I don't get a dud box. I have no doubt I'd love them, then again I have a pile of cigars waiting to be smoked which all have the chance to be "highly enjoyable".

One exception to all that I've said is Robs current inventory debriefs on what's looking good, this carry some weight in what I may purchase from Czar, and Czar alone since it's dealing with their "current" stock.

Leo says it the best....

I like to know what others think but dont let them influence me too much.....I do have 2-3 friends that when they buy boxes, I buy boxes ;)

I also do reviews but I just started smoking in August 2009 so my reviews dont count for much but I enjoy them....it is nice though when my experience is similar to someone elses but again, my reviews are just my humble opinion and I continue to learn every day

There are also smokes that I stay away from as well b/c of price, hype and bad reviews

At the end of the day, reviews do influence a little but not too much

Bart

Leo says it the best....

I like to know what others think but dont let them influence me too much.....

....it is nice though when my experience is similar to someone elses but again, my reviews are just my humble opinion and I continue to learn every day

There are also smokes that I stay away from as well b/c of price, hype and bad reviews

At the end of the day, reviews do influence a little but not too much

Bart

My thoughts exactly. The great thing about cigars is that it all depends on personal preference. I like to try a variety of cigars, cuban and non-cuban. I usually chat up the clerk in the shop or I'll look up a review if I have a vitola in mind OR sometimes I'll just look at what they got and pick up something I haven't tried before (I'm sure this can be annoying for the clerks if I'm just browsing for a while before picking something up).