Your Best Cigar So Far in 2012?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only had a handful so far...broke into some of my Tatuaje today due to the post regarding smoking a nice cuban for 40th birthday.

Cracked open some original plastic promo bundles of Tatuaje J21 from '05 and Havana VI Angeles '06. The Red label is better by a milestone. If I had handed you one, you would have thought it was one of the best cigar (cuban, non cuban) you've ever had. I'd say a cross between a very old monte 3 and a cohiba genios. There's absolutely no trace of any dirt or Nica taste anymore. Just sugar sweet, creamy, smell of fresh bread, velvety, extreme caramel, and vanilla.

2008 monte A . I know the size is a little rediculous but I had a 6 hr drive for work and it was an amazing smoke. The reason I think I like these bad boys so much is you get so much out of it. It's like your actually smoking 4 different cigars. Starts out really Sudel with a bread like flavour and then starts getting creamy ,the complexity of this cigar is astonashing. Started actually exhaling through my nose and found new flavours that I have never had before.

I am all out and a order for more is most definite .

It was an unassuming Party Short from 2010 that blew me away last week. I'd bought the box last spring, smoked 5 or 6 and they were consistently good as you would expect. I'd then forgotten about them in favour of other sticks. I've now had two from the box and they have both been fantastic, toasted tobacco, leather, nuts, cocoa, very complex for a cigar of it's size. I'm just not sure how long the rest of the box will last now!

For me it was a Bolivar Belicosos Fino. Not sure what year it was from but it was right on the money. I also smoked a cigar last night that I never tried before. It was a Liga Privada L40 Lancero and I loved it enough to consider it my runner up for this year. Now looking for a box.

Made it to the local cigar lounge last night and smoked a very nice H.Upmann Sir Winston. I tossed the cardboard box that the real box came in without thinking a while back so I have no clue what year/month they are but I've had the box for about a year.

It's so far been Alec Bradley's new Black Market. Man, what a smoke! :2thumbs: One of the very few NC's that I'd have again!

My sentiments exactly. I had the AB Black Market on New Years Eve and I just could not put it down. I gotta get a box of these.

Not sure what to conclude of this but a friend of mine returned from La Havana last week and wanted to buy a box of the RA EL2011. Reinaldo (at the Hotel Conde de Villanueva) told him that the RA EL2011 won't change much with time. He suggested to buy a box of HDM Petit Piramides EL2011 instead since it has tenfold the ageing potential of the RA.

Very interesting Hovy. Thanks for sharing. Certainly carries some weight coming from Reynaldo. I have viewed and read quite a few reviews and the overwhelming bulk do seem to feel these will age vey well. Similar comments from some very knowledgable members on here. To be honest, I'd be perfectly content if these stay just where they are as they are a real cracker but my two cents say there is just some excellent aging potential and these will become even better. Time will tell I suppose.

My sentiments exactly. I had the AB Black Market on New Years Eve and I just could not put it down. I gotta get a box of these.

Interesting comments gents, always nice to see some different perscpectives. Last time I was in my local B&M, I was told I had to try one of these as they are very popular now and many are saying it is the closest they have seen a NC come to a CC. Price was decent so I picked one up for fun and it was unfortunately one of the worst cigars I have ever had. I'm genrally not a NC fan and this experience reminded me exactly why. Based on your comments, perhaps I got a dud or just different strokes for different folks. I will say I always get a kick out of the marketing NC's traditionally exhibit. Gimmicky band meant to further the "Black Market" aura I suppose. Give me a plain jane 50 ct cabinet and tradiitonal 'boring' CC band any day!

Not sure what to conclude of this but a friend of mine returned from La Havana last week and wanted to buy a box of the RA EL2011. Reinaldo (at the Hotel Conde de Villanueva) told him that the RA EL2011 won't change much with time. He suggested to buy a box of HDM Petit Piramides EL2011 instead since it has tenfold the ageing potential of the RA.

The HDM Petit Piramides would have to age fantastically....because they sure as hell are not showing much now ;)

A couple actually, I had an 09 PSD4 that was so rich and spicy I couldn't believe it. Just putting it to my lips before lighting made them tingle.

Second was an Upmann Sir Winston, first I've had the pleasure of smoking. What a refined elegant cigar. I'm definately getting a box or 2 of these.