2012 FOH Global Blind Tasting Competition

Last years competition was an absolute hoot and who can forget Keith's performance in nailing all three of the cigars :clap: :clap: :clap:

For those wishing a review of the process and final results click FOH 2011 BLIND TASTING COMPETITION FINAL RESULTS

Whether novice or experienced in Habanos, the competition provides an excellent opportunity to participate in a learning experience. By reviewing the cigars and reading others reviews we all come away with a better understanding of the process as well as the cigars flavour profile. Blind tasting cigars is a hellishly difficult process but it is one of the best ways to learn about Habanos (I learn't a great deal from many of the reviews)...and have some fun at the same time ;)

The Rules

All registrations to be in by January the 31st : Registrations on this thread, do not e-mail Di.

There will be three cigars picked by myself. These are Standard Production Cigars (No Regional, Edicion Limitada or Specialty Cigars).

1. Cigars (all 3 and bandless) sent by Feb 9th. I will select cigars form same code and aroma/wrapper appearance.

2. Cigars selected will each be of a different Vitola. I will provide you with the vitola (it will help Ken).

3. Cigars selected will be in current production.

They will be the only hints given.

The post smoking process

1. First cigar smoked by 31 March with you PM'ing or e-mailing me your answer. I will have a dedicated thread for 2012 FOH Blind Tasting Cigar 1 from the 1st of March. You will provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You will PM me your selection. By 3rd of April. I will post up a spreadsheet of the results for CIgar 1.

2. Second cigar smoked by 30th April with you PM'ing or e-mailing me your answer. I will have a dedicated thread for 2012 FOH Blind Tasting Cigar 2 from the 3rd of April. You will provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You will PM me your selection. By 3rd of May l will post up a spreadsheet of the results for CIgar 1

3. Third cigar smoked by 31st of May with you PM'ing or e-mailing me your answer. I will have a dedicated thread for 2012 FOH Blind Tasting Cigar 3 from the 3rd of May. You will provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You will PM me your selection. By 3rd of June l will post up a spreadsheet of the results for CIgar 1

To the winner (who can correctly select most cigars sent) $500 USD/AUD cigar credit . In the event of a tie, prize is split.

Entry Cost $50 USD $65 AUD (cigars and freight).

Please register on this thread. Do not e-mail Di ;)

Once all registrations are in we will contact you to receive payment. Easy :ok:

This was highly enjoyable last year and will be biggger and better this year!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic