A collection of fakes

nick17

so yesterday i was asked to sort through my uncles collection that he had amassed before he passed away. When i was asked this i was excited because i knew he was a wealthy man and here was my chance to get some of his connection if not all of it. I was deeply sadded to be shown to a bag full of cigars that had been out of a humidor for months if they have even seen a humidor before... when i started going through the bad i found a few that could be saved and others i noticed where oddly labeled or the bands wheer not correct i even found a box or two worth of a Cohiba with a LE band that said 2008 and the cohiba band its self had Canada flag and my uncles initials on it i immediately knew these where fake... a box was later brought to me and it was filled with 9 boxes/ bundle of cigars i noticed as i was taking them out that the HSA sticker and seals where missing form the boxes when I opened each box up to inspect the continence i found all the stickers and poorly made or incorrect warranty seals here are some photos (sorry for the quality i took them quickly from my blackberry)

post-9283-0-98193000-1322715193.jpg

post-9283-0-26067500-1322715211.jpg

post-9283-0-69226700-1322715231.jpg

post-9283-0-03100000-1322715244.jpg

lmfao thats what i said but if you want a FULL box of them ill sell them to you $0.01 a stick :P

Nick,

I would be interested in acquiring through trade or purchase, the counterfeits you've come across. I'm thinking about re-starting up my counterfeits investigations and would love to add these to the database. Please consider my studies the darker side of Trevor's very fine resource. :devil2: If you're interested in parting with these, please drop me a PM.

Wilkey

Nick,

I would be interested in acquiring through trade or purchase, the counterfeits you've come across. I'm thinking about re-starting up my counterfeits investigations and would love to add these to the database. Please consider my studies the darker side of Trevor's very fine resource. :devil2: If you're interested in parting with these, please drop me a PM.

Wilkey

Love this... Kinda like bizzaro of trev's ccw...

Nick,

Wilkey

I've got a questionable 08 Monte Sublime EL if your interested :wink2:

Just kidding of course

• 1 year later...

Shame you didn't get the chance to steer your uncle right.....would have been a better legacy. Condolences on his passing by the way.

I've had a couple of friends that made similar mistakes that I've helped through the darkness in the past. Glass top Cohibas anyone?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yikes - 2 rows of dots sad.gif

Also left the "la" off la Habana because those weren't destined for the Southern California market... maybe that's what make that selection limited... lmao.gif

I posted on another thread earlier I'll say the same here... My experience with Cubans is that there are some really good fakes. If the fake is not a mass production fake them chances are they are very tasty. The rest though are really bad. Always will be plugged. I feel the best way for a true Cuban is to use a reliable source.