Conceptual Continuity

Hello Windmill Michel!!

Great to see you since I know you in person now... and since I recognize those secondary bands, and the specific cigars in the last photo, say hello to Didi for me,

Hugs,

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Puts everything in a new perspective... :thumbsup: Next time I see Didi I give him some (verbal) Canadian hugs...

Tried the Cazzies?

Say hello to Matthew, Hugs and firm hands from Holland!

I have not tried the Cazzies yet but they are making good friends in the wine fridge! Had such an amazing time in Amsterdam... Went back and did some more damage with Didi's LCDH, as well as the others in Brissels and Paris. Safe to say the region is lighter of their RE's,

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the great side-effects of FOH: meet BOTL's IRL and receive an obscure Habanos by mail few days later...

IMG_2107.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Club Kings hm 1980's

Thanks man!!! Hope you make it again in december...

• 2 weeks later...

Just in! Box-split Romeo y Julieta Cedros de Luxe No. 3 from what we could safely say it's at least a very well kept mid 1960's box. The smell is, well it reminds me a bit of chloroform. Let's give them a few months of rest before lighting one up... can't wait...

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

Received today - some know I very happy with this box...

El Rey del Mundo Corona de Luxe SXF MAR 05

IMG_2119.jpg

WANT!!! Smoked two 1998 Coronas De Luxe recently and they were phenomenal! Got only 4 left now :(

• 2 weeks later...

Superb. I just split 3 boxes of '92 CdLs myself. Can't wait.

Owww... that sounds very nice... Looking forward to see a review on those!

With some luck I have a second box of the 05's

So that's what you will be sending me for the RG Perlas, right? :innocent:

If you want, I guess so. I'm flying back from vegas tonight and am coming back to about 6 packages from different places. I am sending you a list of stuff for you to choose.

The perla wasn't bad after dryboxing. Opened up a bit.

Owww... that sounds very nice... Looking forward to see a review on those!

With some luck I have a second box of the 05's

Stack up as many ERDMs with age you can find. They are night and day when compared to fresh - although I think you know that, from the looks of your buying those ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A short while ago FOH hosted a discussion about... I forgot... one thing stayed in mind and that was the mentioning of the Vegueros marca. Never tried one, but one of the BOTL's wrote that decent aging Vegueros would bring out something quite nice. It got my interest... Unobtainable in the Netherlands before but now part of a 'Vintage Program' by the official BeNeLux importer... 2001 Vegueros Especiales No.1

IMG_2681_zps155e700f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet pick up Michel!

I'm down to my last half box but I only have one as a treat so a couple of years worth of smoking left thankfully!

The Dutch vintage bands look a lot better than the H&F attemps, your 'tax bands' are pretty nice looking too, they look like they are part of the packaging as opposed to just someone cheap slapped on by the part time worker!

your 'tax bands' are pretty nice looking too, they look like they are part of the packaging as opposed to just someone cheap slapped on by the part time worker!

Well, the tax bands are now a thing of the past... box bands only since a month or two. A bit worrying as prices are very easy to adjust this way - as opposed to 'take out 25 cigars, take of their individual bands, re-band them and put them back in the box'

Perhaps I'm just pessimistic innocent.gif