Conceptual Continuity

Just want we wanted, another thread on purchases and shameless self tagging or clearing out on that perception/reality thingy... well... as from now I will post some pictures of recently purchased boxes that make my heart beat just that little bit faster. (That is to say, every time I buy cigars, be it a single or a cabinet I get excited)

For now my October 2011 darlings! Crappy pictures but one should be able to get the general idea...

IMG_1181.jpg

Partagas 898 San Barnizar (Unvarnished) 2001

IMG_1177.jpg

Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 3 POS MAR 07

IMG_1179.jpg

Hoyo des Dieux NPO MAR 03

IMG_1178.jpg

Punch Super Selection No. 1 OEB ABR 06

• 2 months later...

yellow bands are the best first or second bands in the world... :thumbsup:

Anyway, the 2012 has a good start...

IMG_1274.jpg

second cab of Hoyo des Dieux PUC ABR03

IMG_1273.jpg

Hoyo du Gourmet LUS OCT09

IMG_1272.jpg

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or#4 POL ENE11

IMG_1271.jpg

Bolivar Coronas Extra POS MAY07

Thanks for posting! It's nice to watch cigar photos, especially of these great cigars. What a collection you must have in your humidor... :thumbsup:

Okay, normally I wouldn't add pictures of singles but these two are quite special, from the Hoyo de Monterrey LDCH 2004 Humidor...

IMG_1301.jpg

'Gran Piramide' & 'Monterrey'

and a goody I really like:

IMG_1302.jpg

Bolivar Gold Medal URO ABR 08

They open every box and label every single cigar?? Thats not cool as I am sure some boxes have more value if remaining intact and sealed!

It depends... as a reseller you can generally choose between two options: 1. a 'banderol' on each single cigar in the box or 2. a single 'banderol' for a complete box (mostly for cabs or 10 ct SBN's), with a drawback on the latter as a reseller can't legally sell singles from such a labeled box. Although I have yet to hear about someone getting in trouble selling cigars without a banderol.

I'd rather go for the German solution: A single seal with two values, one for the complete box and one for a single cigar.

As for value, well I've gotto say the guys doing a very tidy job so devaluation is not really that much of an issue...

Any idea what would happen if the gov't official pulls out a stick to put on the banderol and drops it? Kind of a silly question maybe, but it would concern me if I were a vendor.

The banderols are applied by the importer/agent. Each importer has an gov't allocated unique number depicted on the banderol so theoreticly a cigar can be traced back to it's importer and also because of the unique number, a sole importer has some protection for his market as it prevents 'semi-grey market' trade. i.e. Importer 3280 = Cubacigar = sole importer for CC's in the Benelux. If a CC turnes up in the Benelux market with a banderol that says 2650 it's clear another importer is playing the parallel game which in the case of alcohol and tobacco is prohibited... wait your question...

Banderols are applied by machine and I've never heard of any nasty incidents involving crushed cigars or anything. If something goes wrong, well... I see a lot of happy employees filling up their personal cabs at very low price... this of course utter speculation!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, singles again... the extra La Escepcions I was hopin for and wouldn't you know it, after yesterday's confirmation about the cancellation of Trinidad: A Fundy 1999.

IMG_1573.jpg

Oh boy, it's singles… again… The contents of the Partagas sampler that was issued recently in the Netherlands and Belgium by a generous Belgian collector. That makes me one of 25 very happy guys!

IMG_1579.jpg

from left to right:

Churchill de Luxe

Seleccion Privada No. 1

Lonsdales

Toppers

8-9-8 San Barnizar

Presidentes

Charlottes

Astorias

Petit Corona Especiales

Shorts