Cohiba Robusto?

armourdm

Hello All,

I've just joined FH and seek some counsel on a box of Cohiba Robusto I bought recently from a private supplier. I've used him before and have been quite satisfied with the quality. My first box looked and tasted completely legit. But the second box, I'm having doubts about. I've take some comparison photos here, including a dissection of one of the suspect CR, and some end shots of CRs from the same box.

The two things that make this box suspect in my mind are the 'Linea 1492' stamp on the yellow ribbon, which I understand normally is only found with Cohiba Siglos, and the six rows of white dots, three above the gold box and three rows to either side. Also, the tissue paper seems tougher than the first box and its edges are serrated, ie not straight-edged. And, if these were not enough, the warranty seals were inside and not on the box. The warranty number is: IQ868249. I haven't done the hologram test, but will soon.

I bought these from a friend who has friends. I know that would discount these from the get go, but were I live - Haiti - this is not unusual. Reading the posts here, I also understand that quality control being uneven in Cuba, it's not unusual to get a box that may look off.

Anyway, I've smoked a few and they are not that bad, not that a novice like me could really tell. But I have to be honest, now that I'm suspicious, they are not tasting as good.

I would appreciate any suggestions, observations any and all might have.

Cheers - DMA

post-9762-0-90745000-1312757810.jpg

post-9762-0-91481600-1312757826.jpg

post-9762-0-87329400-1312758102.jpg

post-9762-0-53721100-1312758129.jpg

post-9762-0-17049000-1312758152.jpg

post-9762-0-36684800-1312758171.jpg

post-9762-0-07473000-1312758188.jpg

post-9762-0-44238200-1312758207.jpg

I don't have much experience with Cohiba but I'm 99% sure fake just going on the quality of the cigar construction, the cigars themselves look far too irregular.

I'll go the extra 1%........100% fake...no ifs or buts

Reading the posts here, I also understand that quality control being uneven in Cuba, it's not unusual to get a box that may look off.

I would appreciate any suggestions, observations any and all might have.

Cheers - DMA

........."quality control being uneven in Cuba"........Never that uneven.

WOW...I truly hope that you did not smoke one of those, the binder filler looks god aweful...as others have pointed out, defenitly a fake.

wow. live and learn, thats how you need to look at this man. You can now move forward knowing you have a trusted source.

The majority of us here have been burned before as you have been, but we live and we learn. "All that Glitters is Not GOLD".There is nothing worse than purchasing something in good faith and recieving what you recieved. I'd trash them and purchase from FoH. Great people and good advice. As my dad once told me, "take the lesson with a pinch of salt to kill the bitterness".....You wont be dissapointed my friend

Cheers,

The majority of us here have been burned before as you have been, but we live and we learn. "All that Glitters is Not GOLD".There is nothing worse than purchasing something in good faith and recieving what you recieved. I'd trash them and purchase from FoH. Great people and good advice. As my dad once told me, "take the lesson with a pinch of salt to kill the bitterness".....You wont be dissapointed my friend

Cheers,

Best advice I've heard :thumbsup:

Sorry about your turn of luck, but I'd have to agree with the other gents here...definitely 100% fake. From the look of the tobacco used in rolling those cigars, i would refrain from smoking any more of those. I'd also suggest you go back to your source and let him know about this and try to get your money back. The final step would be to order yourself a cab of CoRos from Czar. Then you will have the peace of mind the rest of us do in knowing that the Habanos we procure are 100% authentic. Good luck.

Sorry about your turn of luck, but I'd have to agree with the other gents here...definitely 100% fake. From the look of the tobacco used in rolling those cigars, i would refrain from smoking any more of those. I'd also suggest you go back to your source and let him know about this and try to get your money back. The final step would be to order yourself a cab of CoRos from Czar. Then you will have the peace of mind the rest of us do in knowing that the Habanos we procure are 100% authentic. Good luck.

I like the selection you mentioned: Cohiba Robustos - the perfect cigar to take away all your woes. Should be a marketing sloagan. But not to make light of the situation, definitely a bummer when you expect good strawberries and they end up being sour.