Cohiba Robusto?

armourdm

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of these comments and condolences. I'll chalk my poor purchase up to 'tuition'. Still haven't confronted the seller who passed on the fakes. But I will have a chat with him.

BTW, I recently enjoyed a real Cohiba while back in Toronto and the difference was extraordinary. Like tasting a fine Burgundy after drinking plunk.

Again, thanks for your support.

DMA

• 6 months later...

They are 100% fake. Within the Cohiba brand there are two lineas. The Linea clasica which includes the robusto, esplendido, and lancero which were introduced the first go around. Then in 1992 to celebrate the 500th year of Columbus discovering the new word the Linea 1492 was introduced which includes the Siglo I, II, III, VI, V, and VI. So sorry to say but the robusto should not have a silk ribbon that says Linea 1492.

They are 100% fake. Within the Cohiba brand there are two lineas. The Linea clasica which includes the robusto, esplendido, and lancero which were introduced the first go around. Then in 1992 to celebrate the 500th year of Columbus discovering the new word the Linea 1492 was introduced which includes the Siglo I, II, III, VI, V, and VI. So sorry to say but the robusto should not have a silk ribbon that says Linea 1492.

Siglo VI were added a few years later to that line though.

Good call/catch on that ribbon detail for members to be aware of, :looking::thumbsup:, notwithstanding the overall non-quality of these fakes!

And, a fairly old thread, reawoken. :sleeping: