H Upmann No2 - MGA MAY 10

asmith

Exellent review boys, now watch them upmann 2's just fly off the shelfs in the future lfth's.

Great review. The Upmann #2 was the first Cuban cigar that really impressed me, I had only had a few up to that point, one being a putrid Monte #2. Would love to pick up an HQ box from the Czar one of these days.

Same box code as my PE's :) Although,I'll say it again,PE or not they are the nicest looking cigars I've ever received,beautiful dark and oily wrappers,which kinda says all you need to know about The C.Czar operation in my opinion! And I completely concur with everything that Rob and Smithy said!

One of my favorites and I often get that vanilla flavour in this cigar.

Ken missed out on an HQ box for the review. You just know that he will be mentioning that next time you review a PE cigar

One of my favorites and I often get that vanilla flavour in this cigar.

Ken missed out on an HQ box for the review. You just know that he will be mentioning that next time you review a PE cigar

he'll be mentioning this this when he gets stuck doing the Monte Open series Review...boy Ken will be thrilled with that idea

Great review

I've been wanting to see the H.Upmann No. 2 get reviewed. My 2008's are one of my "go to" cigars right now.

Sounds like the 2010's are the same. Maybe even better.

Great review guys !!!!! :)

I've had some poor ones and it's one reason why I 've only picked up

singles in the last year or so, but recent productions have got me wanting a box again soon. :yes:

he'll be mentioning this this when he gets stuck doing the Monte Open series Review...boy Ken will be thrilled with that idea

Seriously, no one wants to see a Monte open series review.

wrong crowd here, we use our taste buds...

Great reviews gents.

Hope you are recovering fast and well from the root canal Rob. Heard from Lisa you were on pain killers (and wine). :(

Mostly wine i'm assuming :P

Great review as always Guys

I agree Upman have really hit their straps of late .

Maybe you guys can re visit the Mag 48 and see if they have evolved much one of my personal favorites a really good size when time is a factor

Cheers OZ

I have the same box code and wasn't nearly impressed with the one example I've smoked so far. None of the flavors you guys described, under medium body, loose draw, one dimensional etc couldn't wait until it was over. I'm chalking it up to being fresh from transit and have no desire to have any more until maybe a couple more months have passed. The only box in my humidor I regret at the moment as premature as it may be to judge. Hopefully the others change my mind.

I've never had an aged HU#2, but the 2010 #2 I had was a brilliant cigar, even as young as it was. I was blown away, actually. The only other young cigars I've had that compare to that level of awesomeness is the Trinidad Robusto T and (sometimes) the Bolivar Royal Corona. And I suppose the Behike 52, but I don't count that in the same category.

The HU Mag46 from '08 is one of my go-to cigars these days, and this box of #2s have every indication of being as good or better.