The Ultimate Visiting Cuba Thread.

El Presidente

20 hours ago, Chiberia312 said:

Off to Havana on Thursday. Any specific things you guys are interested in me investigating for you? I'll check back here before I go to see if there is any specific items. I went twice in 2019 (Jan & April) and have been dying to go back. I have hears that Old Havana is a ghost town. Obviously I'll be there 3 to 4 weeks before Habanos Festival, so I would assume that they will be holding back stock for the event. Who knows, I may be wrong. But if you have any questions regarding food, money, cabs, etc....let me know. 

Yeah, I agree with @LLC any updates are appreciated. I went twice last year and I'll be back the week before the festival. I think you'll still have a great time, but things have definitely changed. Have fun!! 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a recent list of rollers that was put together. See credits below. Roller || Address || Notes Alejandro Gonzalez Arias || Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop at 3ra Ave. & Calle 84, Playa || Repla

If you are staying at a casa, call them and ask them if there is anything in particular they need. Also you can't go wrong with basic necessities like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, clothes

Here is a post from TA I did in response to a guy that had the same question. I talked to him after and the big key is to take a duffle or backpack so you can bypass the baggage wait and you will only

I'm here and it's pretty much the same as Oct. Actually stock was better in Oct. I'm told they're holding back supplying shops until the price hikes next week.

For those in the US be aware that there is a 10-15% fee on MLC cards now. A $1,000 card is going to cost you something like $1,150. You can only purchase the cards with Euros at the airport. The only other place I've seen them available is the office at Palco. If you don't have a non-US bank card you're going to get screwed. And of course no cash in the shops--card only.

Coffee is hard to find. Bring it if you want it.

Gas supply is still pretty bad but the lines seem a bit shorter than in Oct. The police are out stopping all sorts of cars at the edges of the city so another reason not to rent a car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am from the UK and have recently returned from a cruise in the Caribbean. The ship berthed in Havana and I bought some cigars there :- Montecristo No.s 2 & 4, Romeo y Julietta Churchills, Fonseca Cosacos and Jose Piedra Cazadores. I am a new FOH member and understand that discussion of prices is not allowed, but if anyone would like to know the prices I paid (at official outlets) please send me a PM and I would be happy to provide the information.

I was targeted by a local scammer, well dressed in tourist garb, near the Terminal Sierra Maestra. He first asked me to take a photo of him on his expensive iPhone whilst we were walking on the street. He said he was an Italian chef from our ship, and an expert in cigars! He mentioned some brands and offered to accompany me to a nearby shop that he was on the way to, but quickly lost interest when I told him I had already bought my full UK import allowance. After a little while we noticed he had doubled back, seemingly no longer interested in visiting the cigar shop which was no doubt full of fakes!

On 3/22/2011 at 12:28 AM, El Presidente said:

With more anf more FOH members visiting Havana I wanted to put together the ultimate list of things to do, where to stay, purchase cigars etc. I will wrap it up in a PDF/posted on the site that you can share with friends and families. However I need you all to contribute (those that have been there).

Categories. Add address and contact details where you can ie... google it if need be. Always stipulate why

Lets make this a great resource!

1. Your favourite Hotel (nominate the city it is in)

2. Your favourite Casa Particular

3. Your favourite Place for breakfast

4 Your favourite Paladar or Govt restaurant for lunch

5. Your favourite Paladar or Govt restaurant for dinner

6. Your favourite Bars

7. Your favourite Nightclub (anything before midnight doesn't count!).

8. Favourite places to purchase cigars

9. Favourite place to enjoy cigars

10. Must sees during a stay.

Let's make it a great resource! If you can suggest any other categories please do so!

Thanks so much for this great resource! Where can we find the summary PDF?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...