MY TOP SHELF COLLECTION 10 YEARS AND BETTER

DLGSXR

Especially the CoRo's. Cubans don't come in plastic wrapping and the warranty seals should have the bar code on the side and not on the top...

I've seen quite a few boxes on craigslist recently with the warrantyl seal flipped around like that. Not a good sign. You have to believe if they can do anything consistently in Cuba, that would be an easy one.

So I guess the question is, does the barcode check out on the habanos.com site? I'm quite interested.

uuummmm,

First off, welcome to the forum.

It seems that the way that your cohiba robustos are uniquely packaged. Many of us have been purchasing cuban cigars every year and have yet to see this kind of packaging.

I have boxes of cohiba robustos from 2008, 2009 and 2010. All directly from Cuba and purchased at LCDHs. Never seen this kind of packaging.

The Partagas EL and the Monte EL DCs look "too round" to me - these take on a "box pressed" look after 10 years packed tightly in the dress box.

MY TOP SHELF PARTIGAS LE PIRAMIDES 2001 MONICRISTO LE ROBUSTO 2001 EVRYTHING IS AT LEAST 10 YEARS OLD

first of all the Robusto was 1999,2000,2003 I will say that the open box picture makes the cigars look longer and skinnier than the closed box picture

*Bless your heart - and the white tissue strip going along the middle of the cigars I thought were supposed to go all the way around them in the box, not just be cut to sit loosely across. I thought. I could be wrong.

I've received a few boxes from Czars and some have ribbons around all the cigars and are also wrapped in tissue that lines the box. Some of the other boxes that aren't cedar just have a strip like that across the top with a cedar floor between the layers. I'm not an expert by any means but just what I've noticed.

*Bless your heart - and the white tissue strip going along the middle of the cigars I thought were supposed to go all the way around them in the box, not just be cut to sit loosely across. I thought. I could be wrong.

Janet, a lot of boxes (look through my CanuckSARTech's Cuban Collection thread) have just a small-ish strip of tissue paper (ie - Monte 4's). Generally, these are just in there to cover / run along the row of cigars overtop of the cigar bands. It's for sort of ensuring that the bronze-like finish that they use now to emulate the golden embossing on the cigars, to ensure that it doesn't rub off and overly oxidize against the paper papleta flap on the inside of those semi-dress boxes.

Depending on if there's a cedar insert in there or not (if it's a whole sheet), then some boxes have a whole sheet of the tissue paper between the cigars and the cedar. But, some boxes of the semi-dress style just have a tissue paper strip.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...