6 x 38 Customs

CCE (Czar Corona Especial)

CPL (Czar Petite Lancero)

638 is simple and nice too

But I think the name should reflect the cigar itself ... smoke some and find out what the character of the cigar is like. Is it a strong and face-smacking smoke? Then I like the previous "Mongrel" suggestion.

BTW, this is traditionally one of my favorite sizes, so I'm in regardless of what you call it, lol.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call 'em whatever, Prez, but please make sure there will be plenty available.

I could be sorely tempted by a medio ruedo, or even a cajon...

Again, back to basics: Czar638, C638, FOH638?

EDIT: Or another CC638 (As in Czar Custom or Cuban Cigar 638) :D

This is strange I know as I'm quoting myself:

Additional to all the above ideas, I'd also like to add: Concepción 638 or flip it around to name it 6-3-8 Concepción (Seeing it's a custom creation) ;)

This is strange I know as I'm quoting myself:

Additional to all the above ideas, I'd also like to add: Concepción 638 or flip it around to name it 6-3-8 Concepción (Seeing it's a custom creation) ;)

The 6 3 8 sounds good to me mate it kinda rolls of the tongue pardon the pun and Concepción is a nice sounding name as well quiet unique IMO

Oz :D

How about...

El Caballo Del Piggy

or

El Caballo Del Ray

Those who speak spanish will correct.

I must say I love the concept above! I like El Pequeño Caballo del Ray or perhaps Los Cerdos Pequeño Caballo (the Pigs small horse). My farm mutations have a lot of spirit and some kick, I would really enjoy being immortalized with them and a cigar namesake.

Gentlemen thank you for suggesting my namesake. I am quite taken by the flattery and have enjoyed the support. Unfortunately I have not taken part in the cigar itself and that seems to somehow grant credit where none is due. I would of course proudly add my name to one of Robs projects, with the possible exception of the "Petri" cigar concept (which he will likely get to sooner or later), but I am owed no real credit.

Now perhaps Rob can send me a few for my input... which I will be happy to add with a large degree of pride. That will be up to him.

Before reading the post of another I also like the El Nina name. This the name of Columbus' smallest ship and there just seems to be some parallel concept. While there is no parity in guts to sale a small craft in the direction of the earths edge, bucking the trend with a small cigar take some degree of fortitude not found much in the cigar world today.

Now that you guys have wet my appetite, I really like Los Cerdos Pequeño Caballo.

Cheers mates, thank you very much for thinking of me! -Ray

Keeping with the FOH Handles, I think that the proper name should be centered around Lisa for this smoke, however, the "First Lady" would correctly keep a theme going...as opposed to "Lisa" (ie: the CZAR was not named "the Rob"). This also fits with Tampa, etc.

And if there were EVER a custom named after Piggy, it has to be a size that is opposite his tastes, all in good fun. So then, we will see a Flying Pig or something like an LE size - short and FAT - that would be more like it!

Keeping with the FOH Handles, I think that the proper name should be centered around Lisa for this smoke, however, the "First Lady" would correctly keep a theme going...as opposed to "Lisa" (ie: the CZAR was not named "the Rob"). This also fits with Tampa, etc.

And if there were EVER a custom named after Piggy, it has to be a size that is opposite his tastes, all in good fun. So then, we will see a Flying Pig or something like an LE size - short and FAT - that would be more like it!

Well Mr. Ayala would probably agree! Bastard sending me EL's!!! :D

Well Mr. Ayala would probably agree! Bastard sending me EL's!!! ;)

LOL. :D

My sample batch of 6 x 38 Customs came in. Look and smell great and will sample one later in the day and with a panel over the next month in order to assess if we have got the blend right.

Anyway, should they proceed (June delivery), they need a name.

Name them for me :angry:

post-4-1297988670.jpg

post-4-1297988701.jpg

La Flor del Presidente

• 2 weeks later...
Rob, do you have any update on these custom cigars ? :rotfl:

Guy, there were plenty fo great suggestions for naming of the cigar but the outstanding one in my eyes was the

"Lisadores 6-3-8"

This is my favourite sized cigar of all. It relaxes me, comforts me, makes me smile, is a companion. I simply had to name it after Lisa.

I am not overly happy with the blend as it is far too strong particulalry in the the opening 1/3. There is danger to using ligero in sub 38 ring gauge cigars and I pushed it too far. Don't get me wrong....like a moth to a flame I go back to them because I quite like being occasionally smacked around. However I did not want to blend a cigar to be laid down for a decade. I want a cigar which is ready now.

Guy, there were plenty fo great suggestions for naming of the cigar but the outstanding one in my eyes was the

"Lisadores 6-3-8"

This is my favourite sized cigar of all. It relaxes me, comforts me, makes me smile, is a companion. I simply had to name it after Lisa.

I am not overly happy with the blend as it is far too strong particulalry in the the opening 1/3. There is danger to using ligero in sub 38 ring gauge cigars and I pushed it too far. Don't get me wrong....like a moth to a flame I go back to them because I quite like being occasionally smacked around. However I did not want to blend a cigar to be laid down for a decade. I want a cigar which is ready now.

Quite apt I think rob once the blend is perfected you will have a thing of elegance as is our lise :rotfl:

"Lisadores 6-3-8"

Love the size...does your response mean a re-blend is in the works? Thanks Vince

Thanks for the update Rob, Yes I can see that a too strong a blend can be too much.

Would you think that maybe no ligero and only a well balenced blend of volado & seco

would be preferable ? or just cutting down a little more on just the ligero can do it .

I know that it's not an easy task.

You are right, B) I wouldn't want to wait 10 years before enjoying one.

Plus I'm very pleased,as everyone here, that now Lisa, like Tampa, is part of the very few select

VIP's to have a Habano named after her. :rotfl:

"Lisadores 6-3-8"

Great call Rob!

Looking forward to try these as well!! :rotfl: