Cigars for ladies

Are there any recommendations for smooth Cuban cigars that aren't too big that a lady may enjoy? I'm looking to get my girl involved in cigar smoking. She is up for the idea but I don't want her getting knocked on her rear. I have my selection for myself but I have a feeling those are going to be too much for her to handle (i.e. Monte 2, PSD4, CoRo). Maybe even clubs or minis for her.

My own opinion - regardless of size, she shouldn't be made to feel she has to finish the cigar if it starts to get to her.

A great piece of advice I've read from members here is to give a new smoker something very flavorful rather than

something mild / bland. Many new smokers will feel it in their stomachs no matter what - why bore them to boot?

My own opinion - regardless of size, she shouldn't be made to feel she has to finish the cigar if it starts to get to her.

A great piece of advice I've read from members here is to give a new smoker something very flavorful rather than

something mild / bland. Many new smokers will feel it in their stomachs no matter what - why bore them to boot?

I agree but she is under the assumption that something as big as a Monte 2 isn't her style. She has had a few draws of mine and she has liked them. Being a woman, she feels a smaller smoke looks more lady like. Remember, she is just beginning and she is still under the illusion that big cigars aren't for ladies. I'm trying to get her past that. Sharing one could also be an option as well.

I keep hearing that the monte#4 is a great beginner's smoke. It sort of makes me feel like more of a noob when I buy them but I just don't care.

Noob smokes or not the Monte 4 (well actually the tubed variety) are favourites of mine that are widely available. In th UK you can get monte petit tubos in quite a few supermarkets and they are a decent smoke IMO and certainly much better than the other tubos on offer: RyJ no. 2 and 3 and Upmann coronas junior

Now the Upmann coronas junior is surely a good ladies/ beginners' smoke?

What every happened to the RyJ line that was supposed to be mareted towards women?

They were the Wide Churchills of course :(

(wasn't bill clinton their design consultant on this... i'll stop there!)

Back to topic - I agree with Colt, something flavourful.

I think the hardest thing for new smokers (who aren't heavy neat whisky drinkers or cigarette smokers) is the nicotine kick (loosely correlated "full-bodied") with some cigars, makes'em nauseous, and then harshness of flavour - eg young Monte 2 can be a bit on the twangy or acrid side.

Aged cigars are less likely to have either of those (6 month old boxes can sometimes have quite a nic kick), but really, the best way to tell is to give her something you've tried and that fits in with this. And starting small is good unless you don't mind finishing them off for her of course!

Finally - make sure you have a nice drink on hand for her to help things along!

Random example: montecristo especial no1 or no2, just because i had a no.2 the other night, very mild, but lovely rich sweet flavour. Pretty big though.

The idea that fat cigars are for men and thin are for women is crazy. Fat cigars are a donkey's fifth leg. Not anything I want in my mouth.

Anyway, my wife only drinks dark beers like porters. Way darker than I care for. She likes cigars that are bold and smooth. I've had good luck giving her Partagas.

*Give her any Fonseca or an El Rey Del Mundo. They're very mild comparatively to the rest of most our stashes. A Juan Lopez or Rafael Gonzales would be an excellent next choice.

Remember, she is just beginning and she is still under the illusion that big cigars aren't for ladies.

If it's currently a matter of aesthetics (which I personally don't discount), I agree with member suggestions, especially if you can find some

Partagas SdC 3s, or generally good PCs. I imagine that if she ends up enjoying cigars, as she gains confidence, it will become less of an issue.

I did a little experiment with one of the servers at my cigar lounge. Let her try:

Bolivar Corona JR

RG Corona Extra

Upmann Regalia

Partagas Petit Corona Especial

Partagas Super Corona

SLR PC

Out of them all she said she enjoyed the Regalia the best.

+1

or a PLPC

I wouldn't pass her a young PLPC. When fresh, a PLPC can turn even a frequent full-bodied smoker green. Two of my friends turned visibly green after smoking fresh PLPCs... couldn't see the problem as I nubbed it! :D

Thanks for all the replies ladies and gents. I'm going to share a Monte 4 with her this weekend and see what she thinks about it. After that I have a list I compiled off of all of your suggestions and will pick and choose a few that she may be interested in. I may be opening a Pandora's box however, she may be stealing my cigars in the future.