Real Pork Sausages, English Bacon and Clotted Cream

Our Vietnam FOH'er Matt popped on in yesterday evening for 4 hrs before jumping on a plane home. It was great to meet you Matt!

I cooked up the normal storm while Smithy served the wine and Lise polished off a bottle of Chardy before driving off home singing at full voice the Pretenders "Brass in Pocket" (Frank is away)

Anyway

Matt being the erstwhile Plymouth lad loves living in Vietnam (9 years now), but misses a few things which he can't fine in Asia and brings in whenever he visits home. Specifically Real English Pork Sausages, Real English Bacon, Clotted Cream and Cornish Pasties ;)

Over some Cohiba Seleccion Reservas is got us to thinking.

What are 3-4 foods you know are not great for you......but you just couldn't live with at least occasionally?

Great to see you Matt!

Prosciutto di parma and a nice assortment of dried meats and aged cheeses for an antipasto plate and a loaf of fresh ciabatta bread. That's all I need for dinner...or any meal actually

A burger with the works on it...cheese, mushrooms, onions etc.. and fries

fresh filled conollis... ultimate dessert

I have to agree with elcapitan. Beer is definatley a food group so that is my #1

# 2 for me is marmite. Got to have the marmite for the morning after way too many beers.

#3 Bacon... bacon..and more bacon ( I like bacon A LOT)

only have one left.... mmm well since cigars are actually good for me and not a food group I am assuming I can have as many of them as i like

#4 Cheese lots of well aged stinkey cheeses

1. +1 on a cheesesteak w/ fried onions (raw onions if good sweet ones). This was a staple for me growing up. Thank goodness they don't have good ones where I live now or I'd be big as a house.

2. Bagel w/ creme cheese and whitefish, tomato and onion

3. Either an ice cream soda or a big bowl of ice cream w/ hot butterscotch sauce (current favorite flavor: carmel cashew chip).

Rick

Creme Brulee

French Fries

Onion Rings

REAL Beer

Pecan Pie

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Otherwise, I have a pretty strong will-power but I am like a crackhead with any of the above.

***I don't consider things like Red Meat, Pork, Wine, Bourbon, Scotch, and cigars to be bad for you in any way. I actually have these as a stalwart in the "Healthy" column for some reason...

Hmmm...sor many bad choices to choose from...

1. Thick slab of pork belly. You can't beat bacon.

2. Thick cut crunchy onion rings.

3. Juicy fried chicken. Dark meat only please.

4. Lobster, but I'd settle for Alaskan King Crab with rich, warm clarified butter. Mmmmmm cholesterol heaven.

I got kinda' lost reading... and forgot the question! -LOL

For me nothing replaces a well marbled rib-eye, bone in is great. I like to slow cook them so 2" is about minimum. With that would be a baked potato, lotsa' butter and sour cream.

I too like bacon. Bacon is best to me, about a half pound (before cooking) on a light sourdough bread with an heirloom tomato, highly salted and peppered, some greens and gob of mayo! A great BLT with a good home grown tomato is a gastro-orgasm!

Last would be dessert; a really good homemade chocolate chip cooky, a thick milkshake (chocolate) or a nice fresh doughnut.

Our Vietnam FOH'er Matt popped on in yesterday evening for 4 hrs before jumping on a plane home. It was great to meet you Matt!

I cooked up the normal storm while Smithy served the wine and Lise polished off a bottle of Chardy before driving off home singing at full voice the Pretenders "Brass in Pocket" (Frank is away)

Anyway

Matt being the erstwhile Plymouth lad loves living in Vietnam (9 years now), but misses a few things which he can't fine in Asia and brings in whenever he visits home. Specifically Real English Pork Sausages, Real English Bacon, Clotted Cream and Cornish Pasties :idea:

Over some Cohiba Seleccion Reservas is got us to thinking.

What are 3-4 foods you know are not great for you......but you just couldn't live with at least occasionally?

Great to see you Matt!

Had to read it twice to get what you were saying, how many bottles did you say you had?

You

for me,for English clssics,all pure stodge!

butchers made proper Cumberland sausage.

roast beef yorkshire puddings,

apple crumble and custard.

and with a bottle of Timothy Taylor landlord...pork scratchings!

saying their names makes my arteries clog...