The waters are a rising

Hope family and house stay dry and safe every one is thinking about you all in your time of need. Not much chance of staying dry at kens if you know what I mean LOL

Stay safe

Cheers Steve

Aussies are so great in crises. Look at these guys. They've weathered decade-long drought, water rationing in the Murray-Darling basin and catastrophic bush fires, and now this deluge, without ever losing that wry, fatalistic, laconic, invulnerable good humour. There's no one you'd want around in a crisis but an Aussie. God bless and save you all, mates.

(And Lisa even got my package of VR Famosos and RASS in the mail! Love you, thank you, will deal with possible over-humidification issues on receipt.)

Rob, does this mean you will now be able to fish off the deck at home?!

Right now they are fishing brown snakes which are seeking higher ground. I told my son Ben I need a 98cm snake for a belt ;)

That'll go well with your full quill ostrich boots.

(are you sure 98cm will be enough?)

I have to agree with Colt. No offense mate, but I've seen your expanding waistline and I think you're kidding yourself.

Heck, I know my own equator is not expanding any slower... ;)

Pictures sent through by my daughter a few minutes ago. The house is my neighbours (who evacuated this morning and are fine) and we are higher. My son Ben says there are mullet jumping in our yard and bass cruising the grass edges. He is going for a fish.

post-4-1294804149.jpg

post-4-1294804180.jpg

post-4-1294804202.jpg

post-4-1294804222.jpg

post-4-1294804246.jpg

post-4-1294804267.jpg

Jesus mate... that's over the head of my pocket pet farm animals. Stay safe amigo. If you have too, light the Montessa on fire to stay warm or to signal distress!!!

I hope your wife and kids are safe. Take care mate! A shot gun does a helluva job on snakes by the way. -Ray

Wow Rob, glad you and the family are safe and that your remaining so positive about it. No point in worrying about something you can't control. Missi and I will see you in a hopefully dry Brisbane in about 6 weeks.

I just hate to see tragedies such as this happen. It makes you feel so helpless. I wish there was a way to help, I'd grab my canoe and paddle over but stuck here in the states. We went through serious flooding during hurricane Floyd.

I saved a few freinds with my canoe until the National Guard made us stop, safety concerns and what not.

Hang in there mate.

The flooding in Brisbane is making the local news reports on TV here in the NE USA. Terrible video of high water.

Please stay safe and hold loved ones close..