Three cigar clubs get togther.

This past weekend the cigar club of Toulouse ,in the south western region of France, celebrated their 4 days annual club gala and get together.

This year marked the 10th edition for the club and it was celebrated in a true fraternity of cigar enthusiasts.

Three cigar clubs were present for the 4 days event, the Toulouse club, our club from Nimes and the cigar club of Bordeaux.

The festivities opened up on Friday and ended on Monday.

Not only did we taste some of the great regional foods from the traditional southwest but we also indulged in the tasting of some great regional wines. To complete the setting, the Bordeaux club brought along some samples of their most reputated wines, I'm sorry but the list is too long to write down here but believe me, it was awesome.

Friday night was reserved only for us at one of the local resturants in the center of Toulouse and was set as an evening where the clubs got acquainted and shared info on how the different clubs orgainize their events and meetings in and around their respected regions and of course, cigars were present for all of the evening with everyone talking about the cigars they enjoyed and exchanging and sharing of different vitolas during the night.

Saterday morning , we all met in the center of Toulouse for a guided tour of the city's fantastic historical sites and architecture.

Saterday night was the big gala dinner at the club's hang out and prefered resturant for all their events . The owner is used to serving about 30 members normally but Saterday night was special and he was ready and waiting for the 95 persons attending the gala .

The dinner and the service was simply great, the wines were wonderful and the two cigars served were spot on.

The two cigars of the evening were, SLR Regios from 06 and the after dinner smoke was an unbanded custom Partagas Corona Gorda that the club brought back from their trip to Cuba early this year.Here are some pics. of the evening.

Tables are set outside and the drinks are ready

post-3705-1285628162.jpg

Me and the Toulouse Prez, Chris Buet

post-3705-1285628224.jpg

My wife is getting hungry while we're still on the drinks

post-3705-1285628303.jpg

post-3705-1285628382.jpg

post-3705-1285628460.jpg

post-3705-1285628538.jpg

The club from Bordeaux came with their own band just for the evening

post-3705-1285628612.jpg

Guests from the Béarn and Bordeaux

post-3705-1285628683.jpg

The dinner tables are set

post-3705-1285628760.jpg

My wife and friend start off the evening with some Sevilleiana dancing

post-3705-1285628841.jpg

Sunday, we all met at one of the members house where the day was orgainized for around 50 persons and where we spent a relaxing moment sharing each others company.

Monday morning was spent at the respective homes of the members who lodged many of the visitors , exchanging telephone No. and address with a promise of seeing each other again during the year.

A great weekend was had with three cigar clubs but most of all,it was sharing 4 great days of camaraderie and joy with cigar smokers from other regions who have now become great friends.

For me,That's what cigars are all about.

Fabulous, Guy. Thanks very much for sharing. I too wish we had the comraderie and groups like that in my area, but alas, the vigilant anti-tobacco wings have taken most of that availability away from us in North America.

Very well done - you guys should be proud of yourselves. A very amazing time, no doubt.

I too wish we had the comraderie and groups like that in my area, but alas, the vigilant anti-tobacco wings have taken most of that availability away from us in North America.

I know that in Canada & the States, things are rough for cigar smokers but, allow me to say that, YES,

we did have the pleasure of smoking outside but also inside the resturant , fine, but don't go thinking that

the laws in France are any better or that our anti-tobacco wings are anywhere more cigar friendly then elsewhere.

Some laws are even worst then in North America. We all know the law in France," no smoking in any public place" so,

first, our evening was anounced and posted outside as a, Private night and closed to the public event .

2nd, our " outside Apéritif " was outside and under a mounted tent, thus making it also a private reunion

but leaving a passage for the public to walk by so as not to obstruct the sidewalk passage. The dinner inside

the resturant was again a private dinner so, If the owner permits you to smoke, then you can, Right ?

But then again, there's the question of the employees who serve at the apéritif and at the dinner tables ?

Well, we can't stop them from freely signing up for a free week membership in the club now can we ?

As you can see, we in France are very law-a-biding citizens. ^_^

As you can see, we in France are very law-a-biding citizens. ;)

Well done, Guy! :peace:

Even as a fan of laws and all that is just and laid out stringently in laws, I despise how far and wide some of these regulations have gotten - all while the various governments hypocritically pull in BILLIONS of dollars in tax money from tobacco products.

As I believe the Dalai Lama once said, "One must know the details of a law, in order to know how to properly break them."

Kudos to the work around, and all for a great event!