greatest ever snack food

friedbeer.jpgA chef in Texas has created what he claims is the world's first recipe for deep-fried beer.

The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic. When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a "delicious taste sensation".

Inventor Mark Zable said it had taken him three years to come up with the cooking method and a patent for the process is pending. His deep-fried beer will be officially unveiled in a fried food competition at the Texas state fair later this month.

I hope the guy makes billions off of this, he deserves every penny.

Pure genius.

I also liked this sentence from an article I read on this:

"Last year's winner of the Texas state fair fried food competition was a recipe for deep-fried butter."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/fo...d-in-Texas.html

:D:P

I think I'll survive with my Charolais ;)

Well, its nice meat but you know that they have been breed beyond health, today most of the females have problem giving birth because people have chosen the once with the biggest muscles. Personal i dont like this and as a lover of food and cooking I take these aspects into account. Thats also why I dont eat horse/whale/dolphin...

and... nothing beats Black Angus when it comes to taste, hands down the best meat out there

Well, yes, water head, quite horrible, but its not due to breading but just pure genetics and we have different gens, its not man made. Its like Thalassemia which has a higher frequency in Mediterranean countries due to they have the gens.

anyhow, we both like meet and variety is good, nothing beats a good steak :rolleyes: (as long as its not horse, i just cant understand how people can eat horse)

"Last year's winner of the Texas state fair fried food competition was a recipe for deep-fried butter."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/fo...d-in-Texas.html

Deep Fried Butter is real - It has been the hit of both the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) in Toronto and the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver (PNE). I tried the Deep Fried Butter at the PNE last weekend. It was sinfully good.

I'm not proud ;)

Deep Fried Butter is real - It has been the hit of both the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) in Toronto and the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver (PNE). I tried the Deep Fried Butter at the PNE last weekend. It was sinfully good.

I'm not proud ;)

I like a man who can stand up and say what he likes... regardless of trend.

Hmmmm... ahhh, yeah.... did I just say that? -Piggy :rolleyes:

Yeah, the deep fried butter was at the CNE, and I believe it's going to be at the Western Fair in London, Ontario, more locally to me.

Last year, they had deep-fried Snickers bars. Now, those were horribly disgusting and oh-so-very-unhealthy....but they were AWESOME!!!!

I don't know about the deep fried butter, though. ;)

anyhow, we both like meet and variety is good, nothing beats a good steak :rolleyes: (as long as its not horse, i just cant understand how people can eat horse)

i had horse at a restaurant in verona (with some terrific amarone, which, if i recall, was hannibal lector's wine of choice in the book, if not the film). it was absolutely fabulous. best money i've ever put on a horse and a bit of payback.

but seriously, i don't see the problem with eating horse. whales and dolphins i am in complete agreement, though.

Being alot of a carnivore,I too enjoyed a good horse steak.

Also eaten and enjoyed squirell(grey),rabbit,etc,etc

But being English,Beef is king.Some good local breeds include,Belted angus,devon black,whitehorn,and good old Aberdeen angus.

BUT the greatest ever snack food,to be eaten alongside a beer (not lager) are PORK SCRATCHINGS.

Food of champions.

Going with Kens original post on this thread, I'm unsure how good a deep fried beer pretzel of the sort would taste? :rolleyes: I for one HATE warm beer so would this be a horrid invention? :neutral:

As for other snacks, beer flavoured Kettle chips, sounds fantastic as I too love the Kettle range of crisps but have never seen that particular sort here in Australia.

The topic of beef, horse meat etc. Australia have great beef and I for one love a nice thick steak, especially a HUGE Rib-eye steak. ;)

Horse meat, how I really miss horse meat! The last time I enjoyed horse meat was in Hungary back in 2002 and I must admit, I often think about it a great deal. Can not find the meat here in Australia which is a shame despite searching the net. :(

One of my favourite snacks whilst drinking and enjoying a cigar is Billtong (The Americans would call it Jerky) but Billtong is a South African styled, cured/dried beef which I purchase whole and slice it up with a knife myself. Damn it's great stuff!! :P

The Kettle Brand of potato chips here in the US made a Cheddar Beer flavored chip at one time that was pure crack. looking at their website it is now retired :rolleyes:

http://kettlefoods.com/retired_flavors/

Cheddar Beer was great. Can't hold a candle to their Buffalo Bleu Krinkle Cut chips though - they are to die for.

but seriously, i don't see the problem with eating horse. whales and dolphins i am in complete agreement, though.

I had Whale once in a sushi place in Bergen, Norway. Whale meat sushi. Tasted like beef with a heavy sea-saltiness. Actually quite tasty. I didn't ask of the source.

Being alot of a carnivore,I too enjoyed a good horse steak.

Also eaten and enjoyed squirell(grey),rabbit,etc,etc

But being English,Beef is king.Some good local breeds include,Belted angus,devon black,whitehorn,and good old Aberdeen angus.

BUT the greatest ever snack food,to be eaten alongside a beer (not lager) are PORK SCRATCHINGS.

Food of champions.

we need a weird food thread!