IV AMICIgar Day

Last saturday our club Hirpus AMICIGAR Club together with Neapolis AMICIgar held our annual meeting. This year we decided to open one of the Club jewels : Maravilla of Montecristo from Collecion Habanos 2005.

The event started in the early evening under the patio in the gardens of the hotel where prof. Luigi Maria Larocca, fine Italian gourmet and long time habano smoker talked over the tasting and delighted the 20 persons present with important facts on the champagne as he is also a great connoisseur.He was sided by our member prof. Maurizio Catarozzo .

We had two champagne RM (recoltant manipulant), one brut and the second one rosè very particular this last one as it was made by three red grapes.

Special attention I want to give to the cigar, now five years old. The smoke was ample, rich, clean, with the just strength at the end. Main flavours was cedar wood and fine leather. At the end peppery and spicy. A beautiful surprise, with no exceptions. A big success.

The AMICIGAR award this year was given to Mr.Larocca, president of Roma main cigar club “La Compagnia del Fumo Lento” (The slow smoke company).

The evening went on with more than 60 guest in the veranda of the garden where we had some local food as “mallone” a special mashed vegetable and potatoes, fusilli pasta and ended with meat and local smoked provola cheese. The dessert was a classic choccolate cake .

The king of the evening, thank you to Habanos SA and Diadema the Italian official distributor, was the launch of the latest LE of Montecristo, Grand Edmundo a canonazo 52*150, beautiful dark oily wrapper (if there was no anilla I would say they where cohiba siglo VI reserve ) and the live Italian jazz music by C.M.Todini .

A few words on the Grand Edmundo, very powerful but still not ready, the smoke was with up and downs, talking around, everyone was impressed by the good construction, the beautiful wrapper and the ample smoke but as far for the flavour and the evolution it was still not ready, too much up and downs, someone also felt ammonia. This is always the unknown of smoking a young release. Should not happen with a LE but I believe this will be a big hit in the next years.

The day ended at 1.30 am after a big lottery, main sponsor CDC SPA – Chime Spa – Solofra Palace Hotel – Due SRL , and we gave appointment for the V AMICIgar day next June 2011 where we will be smoking the Antigua Replica of H Upmann, a tacos imperial 49*168, that our club started selling to who was interested three years ago as a future. The lucky guys bought it at 30 €uro (abt 40 US ) and today the remaining cigars are sold at 50 €uro each (63 U$) up to the end of June of this year. I believe price next year will 100

Rob and Lisa I WANT YOU in Italy next June :-) and of course whoever like to have a great time in Italy.

I just like to advertise the next big event that will be done in Italy, actually the biggest for this year, the V Encuentro Amigos the Partagas. Please visit www.amigosdepartagas.it/

post-1436-1275312788.jpg

post-1436-1275312808.jpg

post-1436-1275312826.jpg

post-1436-1275312846.jpg

post-1436-1275312854.jpg

post-1436-1275312868.jpg

post-1436-1275312923.jpg

post-1436-1275312933.jpg

post-1436-1275312949.jpg

FANTASTIQUE :clap: AND Bravo Gino :)

What a great review & photos.

That's what I call a fine cigar club.

All my best regards to the memebers of Amicigar Club and to all the cigar community

in Italy.

Ciao l'ami. :waving:

Glad you liked it and that most of you will think to an European Tour :-)

Rob and Lisa ..I know that someone may come earlier :-)

I WILL attend am Amicigar event of of these days. It is right on the doorstep of my family in Italy (less than 5 miles)... so a trip is on order very soon.

Well done Paesano!

Thanks for sharing Gino...looks like a great event. Enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the latest Montecristo EL.

Thanks Gino! I was so proud to be a part of this!

The Maravilla was an amazing cigar, powerfully aromatic and interesting from beginning to end.

The Gran Edmundo is very, very promising but not ready yet (let's be serious, we smoked a March 2010 box!!).

It's probably going to be tangy, sweet and aromatic, more in the vein of its cousin Siglo VI than his Monte breed, but that's maybe an early prediction.

Thanks Gino & Antonio, and of course we're looking forward to having Rob and Lisa here next year and hopefully Austin, Chris and all my friend from this forum.