What would you do?

I was talking to a buddy today and he was telling me about his dream about launching a new online poker game. He's at this point now of writing a business plan, thinking about whether to take it live himself or try to sell the concept to a third party, etc.

Whether or not it works is really secondary, but his excitement about putting this together had me thinking, if I could do anything I wanted to make a living, what would it be?

Well, I'd sure as hell would love to have a cigar and tequila/rum bar on the shores of some topical island. Just enjoying the people, the weather, and of course some great drinks and cigars :angry:

So I was wondering...What would you for a living if you could do anything you wanted?

I would be Ken Gargett. I would wear shorts that fit me and a sturdy belt...but being a wine taster and going around fishing with friends...a bachelor I assume......ah now gents...that is the life.

"What? Just dreaming again. Yes dear. I will be right there."

I want to be Samantha Brown when I grow up. (Travel Channel host, if you didn't know.)

Sure, there's Bourdain and Zimmern, and they go to great locations, but they usually have to eat something unmentionable or perform some Herculean task as part of the show.

Samantha Brown usually just lounges by the beach or goes shopping, and ends the evening with a few cocktails ... and they pay her for this.

Yeah, she's living my life. I hate her.

Oh, almost forgot about Zane Lamprey of Three Sheets. He's got my "other" dream job.

Oh, almost forgot about Zane Lamprey of Three Sheets. He's got my "other" dream job.

Now that would be great however unsure how long your liver would put up with all that alcohol. :angry:

As for myself, I too would love to have a cigar lounge/Bar but it would be a huge amount of hard work (Like any small business). My good friend has a passion for Pipes so another idea we have discussed is a Cigar/pipe/whisky - Scotch kind of business. But that's all pipe dreaming I'm afraid...for now. :)

I am however trying out for the MFB (Melbourne Fire Brigade/Department, it's a really complex process to get in, much harder than the Police force. I'm tired of the Corporate scene.

I would love to manage Casa FOH, better known as the USA East coast LCDH. I believe that once the embargo is lifted, that before long the need of the cigar smoker in the USA will be fulfilled by the most informed, educated and experienced Cuban Cigar smokers. I would love working with/for Rob.

Difficult to say - if I knew what I'd truly love to do, I'd hopefully be doing it already. Having said that, I've long had a great interest in wine, and

I wouldn't mind being involved in some aspect of purchasing, brokering, etc.

Same here as Tampa waiting for the Embargo to end to get a store up and going being Rob or someone else the one thing i do have is the backers $$$$$$ and access to store fronts across NYC so thats more half the battle.

NYC what dreams are made of...

I would be Ken Gargett. I would wear shorts that fit me and a sturdy belt...but being a wine taster and going around fishing with friends...a bachelor I assume......ah now gents...that is the life.

"What? Just dreaming again. Yes dear. I will be right there."

it is not all bolivar and burgundy, i assure you. some days its cuabas and casks.

Im going to mortuary school and I want to embalm... But what Id really like to do would be some sort of historical or archeological work on sites dealing with the dead, ie catacombs or ossuary or something of the like.

How I would love to do a Casa FOH run in the US, one in Russia, one in Cuba, one in India, one in China.

A 1/4 interest in Cigar/Wine/Fly lodge in Panama, Argentina.

Launch a Jem distribution operation (Opal).

Whatever it takes to indulge my passions, provide opportunity to travel for the next 25 years, meet people, provide for my family.

How I would love to do a Casa FOH run in the US, one in Russia, one in Cuba, one in India, one in China.

Hm, looking for a local partner?

I think my dream (besides something cigar related) would be to run a very successful internet business. That way I wouldn't have to go to work, wouldn't have to do all these hardcore sales which I do now, could just jump online, tend to the site, do some marketing, check my bank account then go do whatever I want.

Id be the inventor of some obscure little device that makes me a small royalty and 10,000,000 are used per day for the life of the patent.

From that point id yacht, private jet, eat, golf, cigar and drink myself silly where ever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to... for the rest of my life.

EDIT: Fiance just read that and I have to ad raise good children and maintain stable family life. :(

Recently read that the best job in the world is held by Jaime Rascone... he's a professional prostitue tester. :(

That would depend entirely on what he was testing them for? VD/STDs?