Male Plastic Surgery....have you indulged?

I had quite a bit of facial scarring after a motorbike accident in my teens and laser skin resurfacing has tidied that up nicely. I'm never gonna look like Brad Pitt, but that seemed like a no-brainer. I count it as cosmetic because the scarring didn't affect my quality of life directly. I also had a fair bit of cosmetic dentistry, costly but a great decision on a results basis; added to which the dental implants don't get stained by coffee or cigar smoke :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is all relative with the age and status..

Once people are married then vanity takes a back seat.

For example living in a foreign land especially Asia many of the western are still on the game irregardless of being married or not.

The game here thrives where a balding 50yr old can still score the innocence of a 23 yr old..

So having said that yes it is more common here among locals and expats alike..

Golden stitches is very popular and truth be told seems to work damn fine.

IMHO slowing down the aging process is not a bad thing especially if still single and still enjoying the pleasures of a variety of flesh.

I in fact know a plastic surgeon (cute chick) and can confirm the numbers for men undergoing the knife or some other simple procedure are much higher than one would think.

OK, but I suspect that it's vanity itself that makes one think that the reason that the 23 yo women are with the 50 yo men has much to do with his looks. If he hasn't got a lot of money, he probably isn't going to be attractive to this sort of girl, no matter how many surgeries he has. If he does have a lot of money, then he doesn't need to bother.

I have a mate who had his nose done - but to be fair he looked like Fagin's ugly brother.

I'd say 1 in 15 is probably a bit much, but 1 in 20? Wouldn't be surprised. I wonder if that number includes getting teeth fixed, because that's not uncommon.

Not much guys can really have done there is there? Facelifts and all that jazz don't really apply.

If my hair started falling out in chunks I'd think about getting it sorted (if that's even possible?) but only if it was a under 1k or so, and I imagine this kind of stuff costs thousands. Meh

Manicures and pedicures myself, but no thought of surgeries.

Believe me gentlemen. Women look at your bare hands........and they look at your shoes.

Behave! As if getting a manicure is necessary. Keep your nails short and wash your hands, not hard is it?

You were "thinning" when we caught up in Hong Kong.

...Just thought I would mention it ;)

I'm at peace with it, but thanks for pointing that out.

How'd the weight loss go? Fit in your jeans yet? I know a local place that does them with an elasticated waist. Will fit nicely under your 'crazy' hawaiian shirts. :)

I'm at peace with it, but thanks for pointing that out.

How'd the weight loss go? Fit in your jeans yet? I know a local place that does them with an elasticated waist. Will fit nicely under your 'crazy' hawaiian shirts. :)

The weight loss is going swimmingly well! 8 down, 6 to go but I may use your guy to take in the waist before long ;)

The weight loss is going swimmingly well! 8 down, 6 to go but I may use your guy to take in the waist before long ;)

Good to hear it. Despite the chat about Ken's shorts and Smithy's 'shirts', the elephant in the room was always obvious, but like King Cnut, nobody dared tell the leader the obvious.

No pun intended :)

Good to hear it. Despite the chat about Ken's shorts and Smithy's 'shirts', the elephant in the room was always obvious, but like King Cnut, nobody dared tell the leader the obvious.

.......and I always thought I was just "Big Boned" ;)

Do you "colour" your hair.

...the last question was really just to make Smithy feel better about colouring his ;)

I told you that when I am 60 I will be happy to have grey hair, till then I will continue to colour.

I like my gray hair. Actually, have a birthmark that resulted in a white streak in my hair. Then I started going gray at about 22 or 23 so I had gray/white/brown hair for a long time. Except for one or two brown hairs, gray has pretty much won out. I would never color it darker but sometimes I kid my wife about coloring it all silver or bright white or something.

There are days when I would consider a jowl-lift or whatever in that area.

Oh, yeah, did have my teeth bleached a couple of years ago. Not that you can tell now.

I had nothing done and never will.

Also, I personally find any plastic surgery and other cosmetic enhancements (toupees, hairpieces, botox, nose jobs, collagened lips, etc.) self-defeating.

When I see a guy with a hairpiece, the first thing I notice IS the hairpiece, so the guy is simply calling attention to the fact that he is bald and vain.

How about aging actresses who have their lips inflated to the point of clownishness? All they achieve in doing is getting fewer and fewer offers for parts because they look freakish.

My biggest cosmetic pet peeve, however, is breast enhancements on women. I find nothing sexy in looking at (or feeling) a pair of artificially inflated boobies.

But hey, everybody is entitled to my opinion

Also, I personally find any plastic surgery and other cosmetic enhancements (toupees, hairpieces, botox, nose jobs, collagened lips, etc.) self-defeating.

When I see a guy with a hairpiece, the first thing I notice IS the hairpiece, so the guy is simply calling attention to the fact that he is bald and vain.

How about aging actresses who have their lips inflated to the point of clownishness? All they achieve in doing is getting fewer and fewer offers for parts because they look freakish.

My biggest cosmetic pet peeve, however, is breast enhancements on women. I find nothing sexy in looking at (or feeling) a pair of artificially inflated boobies.

Hahahaha...I love it..."...everyone is entitled to my opinion." That's great.

But personally having grown up in Southern California and living in NYC since college, I have to say...I've seen plenty of really good looking boob jobs. True...the feel of them are off, but visually many a pair can be stunning.

"King Cnut", is that a typo? :angry:

As for the question, a milestone in appearance alteration happened for me when I realised that I now have to spend more time on my ears than my head when cutting my hair.

I knew a guy once who had his back waxed for a trip to LA. I say "knew" because, although I'd known this guy since school, a guy who waxes his back needs new friends.

I'm never opposed to handling a nice pair of store bought ****!!! Never get's old for me...my 2cents