The stickers on the cigars boxes

Yeah, not the most appealing pics, huh?

heat the sticker up with a hair dryer and then pull it off. Some of the glue stays behind, but at least that sticker is removed.
And don't forget to take the cigars out before you fire up the blow dryer.

What they said!

Why can't they design a sticker that can easily peel off without leaving any residual tacky stuff everywhere!? :D

Once a consumer buys the product, they will see the warning and either take heed (Unlikely) or just peel it off and throw it away (My choice). I hate spending time trying to peel those buggers off.

In the end, I guess whats important as stated by Jimmy (You're the Yoda of FOH - full of wisdom :cigar:) is that your stogies aren't stickered! :idea:

It is an AUS law, all tobacco products are marred by them.

And they purposefully make the glue heavy and the stickers then so you can't (easily) remove them without leaving behind residues of glue and torn paper.

It is a massive pain.

Would they make you put a sticker covering "one third" of your car that said SPEED KILLS with a photo of a car crash? No. The would be ridiculous.

The Hair dryer works well, but as others have said, Take the cigars out of the box first.

I have used "Goo Gone" to remove the stocky stuff, yet that was on Cabinet.

I have found that if you use "Baby Power" on the remaining sticky residue that almost 100% of the glue is gone.

I would think that these stickers are applied once they arrive. If the Boxes are strictly for Export, then the retailer should be able to decline applying the Stickers.

They are ugly as hell, but bottom line is protect the cigars.

I have to wonder how far down homeless alley these crazies go to find the models for those horrid pics. I yank everyone of them off with a hair dryer.

Rob, If I may suggest, could you draft up some stickers that say, "smoking makes you smarter" and send them along with all the boxes of skinnies. then we can simply "over write" those God awful graphics.

For the Fat sticks, maybe one that says "someday you'll wake up and order some skinnies"

cheers

I have to wonder how far down homeless alley these crazies go to find the models for those horrid pics. I yank everyone of them off with a hair dryer.

Rob, If I may suggest, could you draft up some stickers that say, "smoking makes you smarter" and send them along with all the boxes of skinnies. then we can simply "over write" those God awful graphics.

For the Fat sticks, maybe one that says "someday you'll wake up and order some skinnies"

cheers

Now that was a creative idea! Rob, pleeease?

Maybe a sticker that says "This box of cigars will shorten your life 0,02 seconds! Danger, danger!"

I too hate the look of the stickers.

I take all the cigars out of the box, use the hair dryer to remove the stickers and then a bit of Goo Gone. Let the boxes sit out for a week or so to get rid of any potential smell of the Goo Gone and then re-introduce back into the coolidor.

I just leave them on. Too lazy to remove them...well that and I just don't care.

The Hair dryer works well, but as others have said, Take the cigars out of the box first.

I have used "Goo Gone" to remove the stocky stuff, yet that was on Cabinet.

I have found that if you use "Baby Power" on the remaining sticky residue that almost 100% of the glue is gone.

I would think that these stickers are applied once they arrive. If the Boxes are strictly for Export, then the retailer should be able to decline applying the Stickers.

They are ugly as hell, but bottom line is protect the cigars.

I've used this too, but beware that you have to immediately wipe off the residue, several times so it doesn't stink up you cabinet.

Its the Aussie health officials warning. Like the Surgeon General warning on stuff here in the states. When I first started to buy boxes, I wanted the stickers off and the hairdryer works great. Now, I dont wanna bother taking the time to clean them off.

Rubbing alcohol also helps get rid of left over glue goo

I use an iron instead of a hair dryer these days. Makes it much hotter, which makes the stickers come off a lot quicker and cleaner. Only way I've found to get them off papered boxes fairly reliably. I burn an iron pattern into about one in every five boxes, and get some black tack melted onto my iron at about the same rate, but to me it's worth it.